Cockroaches inside the car - how to prevent them from entering?

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
It's the second time that I found a live cockroach inside my car. It was big and brown, like those that live in the sewers and such. I don't know what's going on, how they get inside nor why they choose my car to get free rides around town.

What can I do to prevent them from entering my car? I clean my car every week, I take out all the carpets, I use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the dust and dirt, but those disguting bugs always come back.

cockroaches.jpg

Find out from where they are coming in and block the place? Can't be that difficult?

Boa noite!
[...]What can I do to prevent them from entering my car?
Block the path they use, that?s basically the only way. Against Cockroaches, nothing else really works. I suspect they come thru the ventilation, block that in the engine bay when you don?t use the car (open it when driving it of course), and they can?t get in (or are there other holes big enough in the cars body?

But are you really sure they "enter" the car? With most vermin you can have in a car, chances are high they nest IN the car. Behind the dashbord, in the seats, engine bay ... ask yourself what they want in your car ... you clean it, so there should be nothing of interest in there (I don?t know if they might "fancy" the seat-innings) for them. They are always after stuff they can eat or a place to nest in ... they don?t come somewhere because it?s coasy :D ....

Last edited:
[USELESS SUGGESTION]Move to the UK, we don't get the little bleeders here, thank Christ.[/USELESS SUGGESTION]

On the other hand I spose you could get one of those ultrasonic cockroach repellent gizmos and wire it into the car battery. This one is 12V too.

http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/030738934.html

Last edited:
Boa noite!Block the path they use, that?s basically the only way. Against Cockroaches, nothing else really works. I suspect they come thru the ventilation, block that in the engine bay when you don?t use the car (open it when driving it of course), and they can?t get in (or are there other holes big enough in the cars body?

But are you really sure they "enter" the car? With most vermin you can have in a car, chances are high they nest IN the car. Behind the dashbord, in the seats, engine bay ... ask yourself what they want in your car ... you clean it, so there should be nothing of interest in there (I don?t know if they might "fancy" the seat-innings) for them. They are always after stuff they can eat or a place to nest in ... they don?t come somewhere because it?s coasy :D ....

I don't have AC and the ventilation system is full of dust due to the car having been parked for months till it was offered to me and start running again. That's why I have the ventilation system always turned off and the ventilation exits always closed. Could it be that the bugs are nesting in the ventilation tubes and come into the car through the exits?

There's no other holes in the car, for the exception of the ventilation ones. :(

When you leave the car every night give it a thorough spraying of cockroach repellent? Buy cockroach-killing traps?

Don't really solve the problem but at least lessen it.

Also, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Well, tomorrow's morning I'm going to clean the car again and this time I'm going to try and vacuum clean the ventilation system. Have to take all the front plastic grill at the base of the front windshield to do it. And maybe I'll put some traps there after cleaning.

This freaks me out. I just can't imagine driving in the highway and having a cockroach walking at my feet.

I have spiders on mine D':

Little B's, is there any 'food' in the car somewhere? I agree, give the internals a thorough clean. Oh and Yewwwwwwwww.

Roaches like moisture best. Make sure there is no water collecting anywhere. Also, if somehow you could "freeze" your car one night (very unlikely) that would kill them all. Bombing it might be such a good idea though.

No food, no water, no back-seat full of accumulated trash, as I said before the car gets clean inside and outside every week, but the vent system is dirty from all the months parked outside. Tomorrow I'm going to try to clean the vent system, let's see if I found something interesting there. News will be posted here afterwards.

Park it somewhere else?

Roaches like moisture best. Make sure there is no water collecting anywhere. Also, if somehow you could "freeze" your car one night (very unlikely) that would kill them all. Bombing it might be such a good idea though.

This is the only thing I can think of. I mean if you really want to kill them, buy some boric acid and dust your car with it. That will definitely finish those bastards off. Cold weather would definitely help, but we're still a couple of seasons away from it.

Make it someone else's problem. And stop eating in the car from now on! :p

Get yourself a couple roach traps and put them under the seats. If the little bastards come back, they will eat the poison and carry it back to wherever they are coming from.

This is the only thing I can think of. I mean if you really want to kill them, buy some boric acid and dust your car with it. That will definitely finish those bastards off. Cold weather would definitely help, but we're still a couple of seasons away from it.

Yeah, sure, that sounds like a GREAT idea. :idiot:

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Roaches like heat and are attracted to electronics and such. I have heard many people complain about TVs and other equipment being ruined by them crawling inside. Perhaps if you can disconnect the battery and not drive the car for a while you could bait them out with some poison.

Boric acid is a common thing to use to get rid of cockroaches and more effective than using cockroach baits.

Roaches like heat and are attracted to electronics and such. I have heard many people complain about TVs and other equipment being ruined by them crawling inside. Perhaps if you can disconnect the battery and not drive the car for a while you could bait them out with some poison.

Never heard of that, but that sounds like it sucks.

Like many people suggested, it sounds like baiting your car is the best option. Just remember though: cockroaches thrive on humidity and moisture, so unless you get rid of the source of that moisture, baiting will probably only reduce the infestation at most. Just dust you car with a little boric acid (or do a combination of baiting as well) and keep your car in a dry and clean area.

Couldn't be worse than my friend though... He had mushrooms growing under his trunk.

EDIT:

I hope you don't have a nest somewhere inside your car.

Last edited:
You could always make them pets.

http://img168.imageshack.**/img168/6968/walleandroachiw5.jpg