Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a Ford Fiesta mk2 1.1 from 1988, what should I be aware of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to buy a Ford Fiesta mk2 1.1 from 1988, what should I be aware of?

So, after my ZX died 4 years ago, I got a '95 Punto wich is currently dying a slow and painful death. Money's short so, I'm looking to buy a cheap car, the cheapest and in best condition I can find. And I found a Ford Fiesta mk2 1.1 from 1988. What can you tell me about it, what should I be aware of when I'll go see it?

I can not recommend buying a car that old without any resources to do your own wrenching.

Apart from that, look out for rust, worn bushings, fluid leaks, engine noises.
    Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
    (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Check the suspension also. If it makes rattling/clunking noises, something is worn out.

Comment

Working...
      X