how to make my 2011 camaro v6 faster

camaro

Car(s)
2011 camaro v6
i have a 2011 camaro v6 what can i do to gain more hp & TQ and i no its a v6 so don't say get a v8 my parents got me this car when i tured 16 and they said i could make it as fast as i want

i have a 2011 camaro v6 what can i do to gain more hp & TQ and i no its a v6 so don't say get a v8 my parents got me this car when i tured 16 and they said i could make it as fast as i want

I'd delete this post (hit edit under the post, click the delete box and click delete post) and ask your question here: http://forums.finalgear.com/questions-and-answers/

Y
ou'd likely get more responses. You might also want to use proper grammar and spelling, as some people like to harp on that here. ;)

Last edited:
Punctuation is a great starting point.

Hit the small triangle shaped "Report" button, bottom left of your post and ask the Mods to move the Thread to where Rick told you.

Thread moved by Mods.

Last edited:
Thread moved.

they said i could make it as fast as i want

Well then your parents are idiots. You're just asking for trouble.

But seriously, I think most of the mods out there are made for the V8 version. If you want to spend money to make it faster, you're probably better off selling it and buying the V8 version. A supercharger or whatever on a V6 is kind of dumb.

Chipping it is about all I think you can really do. Maybe exhaust too but that won't make much of a difference.

i ant going to trade my car for a v8 i wanted the v6

i ant going to trade my car for a v8 i wanted the v6

Okay, then you shouldn't be wanting more performance out of it. Plain and simple.

The V6 is for economy, the V8 is for performance.

Get better tires. That's the best way to make anything faster. It will brake harder and corner harder, as well as be safer (more grip to stop or make quick lane changes should you need to).

I prefer Michelins. They make a really, really good tire in the Pilot Super Sport - lots of feedback (audible and steering), nice and predictable, great wet weather performance.

Other things like strut tower braces and various bushing components will also make the car feel much better to drive.

Like most others have said, bolt on parts for the V6 are few and far between. Maybe an air filter? ECU job? You're not going to find many superchargers for it.

Last edited:
how about the bbk headers a new exhaust and a performance chip

The headers and exhaust system would help, but I doubt you would see the gains you're looking for - even with a good CAI. There is a company that makes a turbo for the 3.6, but it's expensive.

Seriously, I would look at handling mods - first starting with a set of good performance tires - and look for some autocrosses in your area. A good high-performance driving school is also a wise investment. I think there's a school at VIR. I would look into it.

i don't want a v8 i wanted the v6 so i got it but there has to be someone that can tell me what i can add to gain what i want

well how are this kids fixing up these shitty ass honda with v4 in them and there nothing out there to make the v6 fast

Best mod to make that heavy 5th gen V6 faster? Use your $3,000 or $7,000 and buy a 4th gen Z28 with a 6spd. It's rather worthless to drop that much money on the base model. You will make that V6 faster but still get no respect from the V8 Camaro community. Even more important you will ruin the long term reliability and you will never get even a fraction of your money back when you sell or trade it.

Last edited:
well how are this kids fixing up these shitty ass honda with v4 in them and there nothing out there to make the v6 fast

Because the Honda 4 has a lot of aftermarket support. Unfortunately, the V6 doesn't have that level of support or interest in it. One, it was introduced as a luxury car engine in the Cadillac CTS; and two, 99% of the people who buy V6 ponycars are just interested in the image and not the performance.

Do the basic bolt-on mods if you want - I just doubt that you would see the gains you're looking for. I think you'd be lucky to see a 25hp gain. Most of the wild dyno numbers you see in magazines are when the engine is out of the car - accessories and driveline loss count for a lot.

And I would also recommend that you check out a good forum specializing in 5th gen Camaros. We're all enthusiasts here, but don't have that much first-hand experience with 5th gen Camaros.