Cleaning matte paint

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Since I now own a super duper new vehicle I thought I'd bother cleaning it properly. My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.

Can you buff it to a shine, and then re-clear coat it?

No, but it would save having to clean it as often. :)

Never let your wife take your matt gunmetal car to the car was - as a surprise birthday treat. To 'try to get it shiny'... evidently. Bless her. And the ?3,200 to have it re-done.

Never let your wife take your matt gunmetal car to the car was - as a surprise birthday treat. To 'try to get it shiny'... evidently. Bless her. And the ?3,200 to have it re-done.

Is your wife blonde, by any chance?

Correction: never let a car you care about go through a car wash.

My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.

tumblr_lwvut05dYz1r1bm0bo1_500.gif

I'm sure he does a great job.

Since I now own a super duper new vehicle I thought I'd bother cleaning it properly. My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.
Guzzi probably has specific instructions on care for their matte paint, but in my experience all it means is that you have to wash it a little more often (and rinse it off really well). You don't have to mess with wax or polishing or any of that other crap. It's a trade off, but especially on something small like a motorcycle I think it's worth it.