Cleaning matte paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning matte paint

Since I now own a super duper new vehicle I thought I'd bother cleaning it properly. My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.
    bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
    "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
    "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2011/...aint-finishes/

Hope you like washing it often.

Comment

Can you buff it to a shine, and then re-clear coat it?
      There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroJoe View Post
        Can you buff it to a shine, and then re-clear coat it?
        It won't be a matte paint job then.

Comment

No, but it would save having to clean it as often.
          There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Comment

Is your wife blonde, by any chance?
              Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

Correction: never let a car you care about go through a car wash.
                My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                There is no replacement for displacement.
                - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                  My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.

I'm sure he does a great job.
                  1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                  2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - Present
                  1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                  2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)

Originally posted by narf
                  Did I mention it burps and farts like a Roman orgy?
                  Originally posted by Redliner
                  Wankel is better because BRAP
                  Originally posted by prizrak
                  The difference between a manually shifted auto and a proper manual is about the same as masturbation and sex.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                    Since I now own a super duper new vehicle I thought I'd bother cleaning it properly. My Guzzi has a black flat matte paint; how would I go about cleaning this. Note I don't have the patience to spend hours cleaning it.
                    Guzzi probably has specific instructions on care for their matte paint, but in my experience all it means is that you have to wash it a little more often (and rinse it off really well). You don't have to mess with wax or polishing or any of that other crap. It's a trade off, but especially on something small like a motorcycle I think it's worth it.
                    Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360

Comment

Working...
                    X