Whats the best Torrent downloading program for PC? Fastest?

Obsidian

Also posted this in the Tech forum but I think that was the wrong place:

Started off using the original bittorrent program. never had a problem, never had CPU slowdown. always worked well. Then this site said I needed a program that did something - I cant remember what -, so I upgraded to Azureus. Used that for a while, worked ok, has a nice interface and nice features, but caused MASSIVE ammounts of cpu slowdowns while downloading. Since then ive been using BitComet. I like this program a lot better, but I find there is still a lot of CPU slowdown. Cant listen to music on the computer while BitComet is open, sound gets distorted. Also, the downloads in the original bittorrent were fast. Azureus and BitComet RARELY if ever get me downloads above 100k/s (let alone 40k/s) where as 100+ was always normal on old bittorrent program.
Anyone have any reccomendations on how I can cure this cpu lag, and/or are there any other applications that have some kind of download accelerator or have the ability to pick a seed that doesnt suck?
my mouse is jumping all over the place right now when I download top gear. really freakin annoying!!

Any help is appreciated,
Obsidian

PS:
System running med-high bandwidth cable,
2.8ghz P4,
1gb ram
2x80gb HD with plenty of space
all other specs are pretty high but meaningless I assume.

BitComet is in C++ and that is, a very fast programming language. However you have posted pretty good specs, you would have no problem running Azureus. It's in Java, so it is slower, but you would not notice a difference with the CPU you have posted or that ammout of RAM. Azureus would have a larger memory footprint thanks to the fact that it has to call in the Java libary.

Also, if you put BitComet on Top Gear's cool wall it would go into the uncool area. Just thanks to the fact that you have to explain that "Yea, it's written in C++ so that means it's very, very, very fast." Azureus, conversely, would go into the Sub Zero area or the DB9 valt. It's just crammed with goodness.

thats the reason that I moved to bitcomet from azureus.. I dont find hardly any difference with the programs usability, but bitcomet was slightly faster. I did move to bitcomet for the c++ because I know how terrable windows PC's are with Java. Any Mac's ive seen with Azureus just plain fly, though.

Still doesnt really help me get any more speeds with the program though. I noticed someone else was having trouble with slow downloads recently though. I know the first episode in this season 8 of topgear I was downloading at over 600-700k/s, but the last couple episodes take over 6-8 hours to download. Not a good turn around if you ask me.

Sorry, but BitComet is junk from what I'm told.

uTorrent is the way to go unless you have gobs of resources to spare. uTorrent and Azureus have the most features (DHT, encryption, etc.), but uTorrent is way less resource intensive. I only use Azureus as I prefer it's interface.

http://www.utorrent.com/

utorrent all the way!

avanti said:
utorrent, I used azeurus before, I am never going back!

same here ;)

Bitcomet has been perfect for me, never crashed uses very little ram, very flexable program. I would like to see scheduling for individual torrents tho.

I recommend it over bitlord & utorrent (sorry viper) both of which i have used.

thats my 2 cents, besides no torrent client is very large so download them all and try them to see what suits you? ;)

drewzor said:
Bitcomet has been perfect for me, never crashed uses very little ram, very flexable program. I would like to see scheduling for individual torrents tho.

I recommend it over bitlord & utorrent (sorry viper) both of which i have used.

thats my 2 cents, besides no torrent client is very large so download them all and try them to see what suits you? ;)

Very true, try what suits you. I use BitComet still.

uTorrent is what I recommend to anyone though, as its easy to learn for new users.

BitLord is built off BitComet and I think contains spyware, BitTornado on the other hand is a good client as well.

I use bitcomet and haven't had any problems. The normal TG/FG dn rate is around 30 kb/s which I think is a bit slow. I have been doing 1520 kb/s once, but it's rare I come over 100 kb/s

WTFFFF 600kbps? 120 kbps?

the most mine went is 110kbps and thats cause the episode if Final gear i was downloading had like Million + seeders... wen im downloading TopGear the average speed it downloads is 20ish kbps. it usually takes me 6 hours to complete downloading but i keep it on for another 2 hours so it can "seed indefinitly" What does that even mean by the way? O and i use umm Bittorrent...

the reason i still have Bittorrent is cause it is SOO easy to use. im not sure if tehre are other programs that simple so should i keep bitorrent or download another program? let me know wat should my next step be...

thanks
-Mojo-

I use BitTorrent, and i'm very happy with it, certainly the new version.