Red Internet light on Actiontec DSL Modem

Shar

For some reason tonight I got something really wierd on my modem which has never happened before whilst downloading Top Gear torrents. The Internet light on my DSL modem went red and stayed that way. Having run some tests this only happens with the torrents. Is this an issue? Should I worry about it? Someone please help.

Shar

Red usually means an authentication failure, are you sure it is only with torrents? Have you tried downloading other large files from a freeware site or something?

Well, the internet works just fine even though the red light is on. Also, I tried running SecondLife, which is usually an internet hog as well and no problem. As soon as i started Azeureus back up the light went red again. Stop Azeureus and light goes green again. Maybe it's just a flukey night.

Maybe your ISP is doing something weird to prevent you from using torrent sites/ clients?? Try using a different client and see what happens.

It's not Qwest. I'm on Qwest / MSN with an Actiontec GT701 and my internet light only goes red rarely after power cycling it. It then will restart again and go green.

Same thing happend with my linksys, it was only when using torrents og dl'ing big files.
I 'just' got another ISP, modem and router, that helped :p