Help with Playstation 3 Media Server

tstkl

Car(s)
Chrysler Conquest
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help with getting the newer stuff to play on PMS. I used to use PMS and would have problems and solved them as they came up until I stopped using PMS around 2011 (got a desktop and had it next to my tv). I've moved into a new place where I can't have an HDMI cable running from my comp to my tv, so I wanted to use PMS again. I can get most of the videos to play but not the season 21 stuff, season 20 episodes 2-6 and the 7GB polar ice special has messed up audio. Everything else I tried (including TGA) works. I doubt this helps much, but I always download episodes in the highest quality within a week from when they are released and save them on a HDD, so every version I have would be "as released". I've got both .ts and .mkv videos to work, and it seems like most of the files I'm having trouble with are .ts.

Hopefully someone who uses PMS and has everything working can post their transcoding settings and that will solve it (whats disabled/enabled etc).

Thanks

Brian

This isn't a direct solution to your problem, but I'd like to recommend that you check out Plex instead: https://plex.tv/

It's an awesome indexing and media library server and while you get the best out of it when using a Plex client, it can also create a DLNA server that your Playstation or Xbox can connect to. Like PS3MS, it will transcode on the fly.

I'm really surprised no one has an answer to this. I have horribly slow internet and hate downloading new programs etc (usually takes a day or two to download a tg episode). I guess if no one responds before episode 3 finishes downloading I'll try plex and see if I can get that to work. Why do the uploaders choose to constantly change the encoding type anyways?

I'm really surprised no one has an answer to this. I have horribly slow internet and hate downloading new programs etc (usually takes a day or two to download a tg episode). I guess if no one responds before episode 3 finishes downloading I'll try plex and see if I can get that to work. Why do the uploaders choose to constantly change the encoding type anyways?

Nothing has changed in the past 2 years. The last change was the standard definition rip going from an Xvid video inside of an AVI container to a x264 video inside of an MP4 container.

Both 720p and 1080i have been unchanged as far as I know. The 1080i should be the raw episode as it's broadcast by the BBC.

What is your playback device? You just say you're using 'Playstation 3 Media Server'. If you watch on a PS3 just remux the mkv with tsMuxeR, copy it on a usb stick and it'll work fine. The ts of the 1080i will work from a stick without doing anything.

What is your playback device? You just say you're using 'Playstation 3 Media Server'. If you watch on a PS3 just remux the mkv with tsMuxeR, copy it on a usb stick and it'll work fine. The ts of the 1080i will work from a stick without doing anything.

My Playback device is a ps3, however FAT32 does not support file sizes as large as an episode of TG.

Viper007Bond said:
tstkl said:
Nothing has changed in the past 2 years. The last change was the standard definition rip going from an Xvid video inside of an AVI container to a x264 video inside of an MP4 container.

Both 720p and 1080i have been unchanged as far as I know. The 1080i should be the raw episode as it's broadcast by the BBC.

I believe you, but then why can I play season 20 episode 1 and all TGA episodes but not the new stuff? That's less than two years old.

Open PMS - navigate to transcoding settings

- activate the VLC video plugin (mark plugin, click on the plug on the left downside --- note does only show up when VLC player is installed (which i suggest to install))
- move the VLC engine up to the top with the blue arrows

1836669_662270637144293_1172594259_o.jpg

vi?la .... PMS should play everything you can throw at it :mrgreen:.

P.S. thanks to Quickie i know of this trick ;) Had problems with TGUS offsync colours and audios

Open PMS - navigate to transcoding settings

- activate the VLC video plugin (mark plugin, click on the plug on the left downside --- note does only show up when VLC player is installed (which i suggest to install))
- move the VLC engine up to the top with the blue arrows

1836669_662270637144293_1172594259_o.jpg

vi?la .... PMS should play everything you can throw at it :mrgreen:.

P.S. thanks to Quickie i know of this trick ;) Had problems with TGUS offsync colours and audios

So many questions...........

Why isn't that sticked all over the internet?

Why isn't that the default setting anyways?

Why the hell does my stream keep needing to buffer over LAN..... lol

Seriously though, can that post be added to the first post of either (or both) of the sticked threads on this forum. The HD problems thread and the one suggesting to use PS3 MS.