This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Suggestions / Issues

People kept using the site suggestions thread for forum suggestions, so I thought I'd make a seperate thread for the forum.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Found a tiny little thing while looking in the entertainment forum, there is a line missing between the flame and the text in the LFS forum.
    "Danish is cool" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "Danish things are usually awesome." - LeMans GTR

Comment

It's supposed to be like that. The vertical line is only for subforums.

Check this out: http://forums.finalgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
      My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
      - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
      ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?
        Pronounced: wing-nut-s-c

Comment

Originally posted by wingnutsc View Post
          is there a way so as to only show unviewed posts since the last time i visited, not every unviewed post from previous sessions?
          No. You'll need to just start getting used to using the "Mark Forums Read" feature which will clear that list out. It can be found in the quick links at the top or at the bottom of the forum home.

Comment

If the forum text looks too huge to you (like for me) I've put a Firefox+Greasemonkey script here:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6133
            America invented the motorcar. The Brits and Germans made it better. Makes me ashamed to be American...
            Some say his mother was a cheetah and his tail was surgically removed... all we know is that he's called The Stig.

Comment

1600x1200

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                1600x1200
                1920x1440 is my regular rez. Here's what it looks like: PIC

Doesn't it look like rubbish?
                America invented the motorcar. The Brits and Germans made it better. Makes me ashamed to be American...
                Some say his mother was a cheetah and his tail was surgically removed... all we know is that he's called The Stig.

Comment

Woah, indeed it does.

Have you tried hitting control + 0 (reset font size to 100%)?

Comment

That is at 100% font size in Firefox 2.0. Screen DPI's not what is assumed to be in Windows -- I'm running at a higher dots-per-inch setting (about 135 dpi). Windows usually is around 96 dpi.

Turns out vBulliten uses points instead of pixel heights for fonts.

Comment

No it doesn't. Look at the CSS file. There's only one or two font size declarations that are in pt form.

And it's not my fault if you're running a higher DPI. Best I can suggest is you press control and minus a few times to shrink the fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by STrRedWolf View Post
                        If the forum text looks too huge to you (like for me) I've put a Firefox+Greasemonkey script here:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/6133
                        BTW, have you tried Stylish? It's like Greasemonkey, but meant strictly for CSS rather than Javascript. It's a lot easier to code for if you're just hacking away at how a site looks.

Comment

I did, as well as slap it through Firefox's DOM Inspector. I ended up adjusting the CSS styles for the P, TD, TH, LI, STRONG, and TEXTAREA tags as well as the "tcat," "alt2," "bginput," and "bigusername" CSS style classes.

Besides, the Font zoom options affects the browser and doesn't carry over to new tabs. If I pull up, say, Slashdot, I don't have to do any major font adjustments. Spacing adjustments, though....

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                            BTW, have you tried Stylish? It's like Greasemonkey, but meant strictly for CSS rather than Javascript. It's a lot easier to code for if you're just hacking away at how a site looks.
                            I looked at it, and said "I might as well just use Greasemonkey anyway."

Comment

Not a big problem i guess but i just noticed that on the vB code page one of the things is in the wrong place.
                              It says YouTube Video with Custom title twice, once for the google code.

Comment

Oh, whoops!

Comment

Suggestion

Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?
                                  GUilty of being white since 1982
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nicksoup View Post
                                    Custom User titles?? Or is that reserved for moderators?
                                    It was decided in another thread that only moderators should be able to set them.

Comment

My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show.
                                      http://picasaweb.google.com/xyzfotografija

Comment

Originally posted by XYZviper View Post
                                        My avatar works, but my sig doesn't. It is corect size and everything, but it doesint show.
                                        You have to enter [sigpic] or something like that in your sig where you want it to show up.

I'm going to turn off that feature though. Having people use ImageShack and the likes is just easier.

Comment

Working...
                                        X