Editing Posts

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Is this something we can no longer do.. Somehow my old brain thinks we used to be able to edit posts and replies. If not, we should!
Zuhaib

Ok maybe i was really sleepy at 4am, but i swear at the time i could not see the edit button on my laptop. Humm, then again the site was just acting funny for me.

Just to check. To multi-quote you do press the multi quote button on the 2 different posts that you want to quote from and then press quote don't you?

And you can also quick the "reply" button.

But you can't use the multi quote feature on the quick reply.
Why is typing on this forum so rubbish? When i type it takes ages to appear on screen.

Why is typing on this forum so rubbish? When i type it takes ages to appear on screen.

It's not the website mate, its you.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...CSL the III! :D

It's not rocket science. In fact...it's a magic trick, watch this!

my first quote
my second quote
my third quote

That's right folks, three quotes! And in the quickly reply yet!!1111 WOWZERS!!!1

Use the [ quote ] tag manually. It's not hard. Really, it isn't. Assuming you've had some sleep in the last 48 hours.

True, it's not the website, it's your browser's ability to handle java and stuff.
Javascript. This forum does not use java!!! Argghghg :D

I'm in such a sarcastic mood today :p

Last edited:
Why do you think JavaScript is called JavaScript It's written in the Java language. Thus, it is Java. Something doesn't have to use the Java Runtime Environment to be written in the Java Language.:rolleyes:
Actually, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javascript

Despite the name, JavaScript is only distantly related to the Java programming language, the main similarity being the common debt to the C syntax. Semantically, JavaScript syntax has far more in common with the Self programming language.

JavaScript was originally developed by Brendan Eich of Netscape under the name Mocha, later LiveScript, and finally renamed to JavaScript. The change of name from LiveScript to JavaScript roughly coincided with Netscape adding support for Java technology in its Netscape Navigator web browser. JavaScript was first introduced and deployed in the Netscape browser version 2.0B3 in December of 1995. When web developers talk about using JavaScript in Internet Explorer, they are actually using JScript. The choice of name proved to be a source of much confusion.

Netscape renamed it to "Javascript" basically for no good reason except for corporate reasons.

Because it's the quick reply. The idea behind multi-quote is you can type inbetween the quotes or whatnot.

They're right, it's just your PC or your internet connection. The time between when I click "post" and when the post appears is literally a split second for me.

Javascript is very different than Java, despite the names. In fact, they weren't even created by the same companies. Java is Sun's baby, while Javascript is from Netscape. Java is a compiled language, Javascript is parsed in real-time.

Don't try fighting a web developer on this, they know the facts all to well :p

So, there, vlamitu :tease: ;)

They're right, it's just your PC or your internet connection. The time between when I click "post" and when the post appears is literally a split second for me.
Same here. He's right.

Javascript is very different than Java, despite the names. In fact, they weren't even created by the same companies. Java is Sun's baby, while Javascript is from Netscape. Java is a compiled language, Javascript is parsed in real-time.

Don't try fighting a web developer on this, they know the facts all to well :p

So, there, vlamitu :tease: ;)

Same here. He's right.
I don't care, it's all programming language and I couldn't be bothered with it. 8)

Yeh same with me, it loads super, fast i have 5 computers the 2 best are brand new. I have a 2MBPS connection which is fast enough for everthing else. Its stopped doing it now anyway.
This forum will be written in javascript but the chat room on some others are java.