• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thread/Post Count Thread For The Forums

Threads: 19,914, Posts: 491,367, Members: 17,682
    I wonder which will come first?

I suspect 500k posts will.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

I bet we'll hit 20k threads first. That's only 86 threads rather than 8,600 odd posts.

Quite cool though!

(scurries off to create 85 threads... )
    Yup, two too many cars, but I love 'em:
    1991 Peugeot 309 - owned it for four years, currently the only runner and the daily driver... but great fun to drive! French though, so gotta treat her rough to keep her happy.
    1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 - owned it for two years. Love it loads. Currently undergoing a suspension upgrade...
    1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC - A project car that had Headgasket issues when I bought it. I've never driven it... yet...

Comment

where's that idiot that makes all the polls?
      My car is dark grey not black!

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden_Hunter View Post
        What paul? He's gone thank god!!

I am the Honda F1 team's number one fan.... and number 2, and number 3, and 4....

Comment

Can you see who made the 500k post or the 20k thread?

I think he/she deserves a prize aka custom title!

Comment

Originally posted by jensked View Post
            Can you see who made the 500k post or the 20k thread?
            Possibly.

Comment

The problem is that the IDs don't match the actual counts due to deletions / etc. We've already had thread ID 20000:

http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=20000
              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Hmm, apparently people like making new threads a lot more than they like posting in existing threads...

Threads: 19,997, Posts: 493,311, Members: 17,837

Comment

We just did it:

Threads: 20,000, Posts: 493,369, Members: 17,847

Comment

Still have it;
                    http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=20489

This is the 20,000th thread according to the stats..

Comment

Thank god it was something 1/2 decent and not one of those pointless polls - see above.

Comment

somehow i'd think there'd be more than 500k posts, i guess i can't wrap m' head aorund the numbers here

I guess you just can't trust a German.

Comment

how big is the DB at viper?
                          My car is dark grey not black!

Comment

how big is the DB at viper?
                            Code:
                            Data Usage  	278.18 MB
                            Index Usage 	134.82 MB
                            Profile Picture Usage 	2.67 MB

Comment

Threads: 20,100, Posts: 496,248, Members: 17,993

Comment

Damn was I off, heh.

Comment

Threads: 20,110, Posts: 496,464, Members: 18,000
                                  Active members within the last 30 days: 2,881
                                  Welcome to our newest member, PaulB

Comment

We're now getting very close to an actual 500,000 posts... (this was post 499976)
                                    Last edited by monkeymax; August 8th, 2007, 3:46 PM.
                                    1991 Peugeot 309 - owned it for four years, currently the only runner and the daily driver... but great fun to drive! French though, so gotta treat her rough to keep her happy.
                                    1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 - owned it for two years. Love it loads. Currently undergoing a suspension upgrade...
                                    1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC - A project car that had Headgasket issues when I bought it. I've never driven it... yet...

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymax View Post
                                      We're now getting very close to an actual 500,000 posts... (this was post 499976)
                                      Threads: 20,179, Posts: 498,562, Members: 18,091
                                      Post deletions make the actual number lower.

Comment

Yup, I know...
                                        But it's easier to find out who wrote the actual 500,000th post rather than the displayed 500k post... yours was 499,997... so 500k went to...:

Ooh - Blind_Io
                                        http://forums.finalgear.com/showthre...000#post500000

Comment

Working...
                                        X