The Forum Rules

geekdiggy said:
zenon said:
Oh, and just by eye-balling your post GeekDiggy, it looks like your signature is much larger than twice what you posted... :p

i was wondering if anyone would have the brains enough to pick up on that one. good job 8)

I wanted to post thant yesterday but didn't want to start an argument again so I just said meeh inside myself :lol:

I too think 150pix tall would be well enough.

i dont have a prob with anyones sig here and this is really picky and ridiculous.

there are ppl with a paragraph as a sig or their ten car garage wish list as a sig at other forums like supercars.net etc. thats worst.

I don't know how picky or ridiculous this is, we're just stating preferences.
I personally prefer more post, less signature.

As for forums like supercars.net (which I absolutely loathe) there seems to be a general trend on the internet that the larger a forum's average signature is, the more un-intelligent\non-constructive things people on it have to say :p. Supercars.net rarely gets past petty bickering over wether or not 't3h skyl1n3 is l33t'. I can't remember reading any threads on that forum that haven't been eventually reduced down to people attacking each other.

There seems to have already been steps taken against flaming on this forum, now hopefully we also prevent people from electronically paper clipping every single car they ever want to own to every post they make :p

i have contributed greatly, in my opinion, to this site and feel that my rather big sig has nothing to do with my posting on this forum. i have made long and short contributions, "top gear vid list" (when its complete) and "top gear starts in...", and i dont feel that size of your sig has anything to do with what u post. at the same time i think that ur sig is part of ur identity on a forum, just as your clothes are when someone looks at you.

any preference of short or long sigs is just an opinion. just my two cents :) .

geekdiggy said:
600x176 seems to look perfect for me, and every site i post on says it's a good size so try to shoot around those dimensions when making your own sig. nobody likes seeing a member whose sig takes up twice the space his/her post does

Ditto that

justin syder said:
i have contributed greatly, in my opinion, to this site and feel that my rather big sig has nothing to do with my posting on this forum. i have made long and short contributions, "top gear vid list" (when its complete) and "top gear starts in...", and i dont feel that size of your sig has anything to do with what u post. at the same time i think that ur sig is part of ur identity on a forum, just as your clothes are when someone looks at you.

I don't see anyone's signature here as a problem. I am glad though that Viper made the decision to limit the size. I would see Supercars.net style signatures as a problem.

any preference of short or long sigs is just an opinion. just my two cents :) .

Oh, and my preference for small signatures is just that, an opinion. :p

geekdiggy said:
justin syder said:
ten car garage wish list as a sig

well you're only half way there...

well atleast i know you can count to five, any more cars and you'd be in trouble :wink: . (not a flame, he knows im joking)

:lol: IM JUSTIN SYDER, COURT JESTER FOR VIPER!!! :lol:

and zenon i just thought you were hinting that my sig was too big, it aint small but ask viper, i did reduce it from what it had been for a few posts.

this is what it could have been without viper and renesis' intervention.

sig.jpg

The only thing I don't like about the large pictured sigs is that you get lost in them while you're reading a thread. I understand that you want to be able to know who's posting, but that's what the avatars are for. At evolutionm.net where you can't have images in the sigs, it' works out nicely: there's only text in there and you know who's it is by the avi and the small sig. But that's just my opinion. 8)

True, but I don't mind a small sig image as long as they aren't annoying. :)

Added a "bumping old threads" rule.

Sig dimensions changed to 600x175 max.

How to do spoilers and not ruin it added to the rules.

hehe I guess we had that coming from that other thread
great idea :wink:

SiR_dude said:
You might want to decide on some rules for avatars too (dimensions and maybe filesize for animated ones) as some people are showing up with rather large ones.
Click the profile button at the top. The rules are at the bottom:

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 150 pixels, the height no greater than 150 pixels, and the file size no more than 254 KB.
Obviously, if you host off site, you can have larger dimensions (which I don't want) or a larger filesize (which is alright I guess, to a point).

I think I'll just increase the max upload size to like 350 KB and then disallow linking to offsite avatars.

Didn't think I needed it, but I guess I do. Added a rule saying no referral spam link crap things. :bangin: