Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

The forums have been upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin. Please report any issues related to the upgrade in this thread. Thanks!

Known issues:

* Avatars aren't working. They aren't lost, but I'm not sure why they aren't being used.
    * Foums might be slow. This is due to me rebuilding the search index,
    Last edited by Viper007Bond; December 4th, 2017, 8:23 AM.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Report: FinalGear specific header/footer images are not present - only generic vBulletin images.

Comment

It seems to take a very long time to load the new Message Center.

Comment

Feature request/reports:
        - Like button is back
        - Rep system is gone
        - Share/tweet buttons per post are useless and gross
        - Themes seem to be gone
        - Smiley/Emojis broken
        - Tagging function is useless
        Last edited by Dr_Grip; December 4th, 2017, 9:02 AM.
        Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
        (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
          It seems to take a very long time to load the new Message Center.
          The whole forum is very slow for me right now.

They aren't lost, but I'm not sure why they aren't being used.
          Typically that sort of thing can be many things:
          1. Server conf file got changed so the webserver doesn't see the directory anymore (e.g. server homedirectory changed or something like that)
          2. Ownership or permissions of the directory got changed so the webserver refuses to serve anything in it
          3. Custom emotes no longer loaded into the forum app
          4. Difference of interpretation of some setting or permission between old version and new version of whatever you upgraded (pray that it's not caused by this...)
          M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

Comment

Bug report: I just had a minor heart attack, but after reading this, I'm now on the mend.

Thanks for your continued efforts to keep FG running and up to date!

Comment

- comment automerge doesn't work because of 15 seconds per post "postfloodcheck" rule ( Not sure if you want to keep that feature, but i would like see a bit lower time restricition between post - more like 5/6 seconds insted of 15).
              - emoticons are still vanished if being used directly before or after an Quote wrapper. (Was already broken with the old version)
              - video tag makes a very tiny video window.
              - image autoresize seems kinda to work, large images get resized to the comments box width.
              I rather loose by an Mile, by building my own Car instead of winning by an inch and someone else build it for me. Your Car is Your Story, so don't let someone else write the Book ,- Moog
              Cars I had/ve: Golf MK41,6L=moms shopping trolley + V5 2,3L GTI put to good use , 03' BMW 525i Touring(car) -Bernadette

Comment

- feature request:

It would be great to have an "Subscription" button on the top next to the "Notifications" one. It should point to the Message Center -> Subscriptions -> Posts . Like the old Usercp page on the old forums.

- I also get sometimes very long load times or 502 errors when loading the Message Center. The same with user settings. However forum itself loads just fine ?
                Last edited by Bobele23; December 4th, 2017, 10:20 AM. Reason: added long waiting times for User Settings
                I rather loose by an Mile, by building my own Car instead of winning by an inch and someone else build it for me. Your Car is Your Story, so don't let someone else write the Book ,- Moog
                Cars I had/ve: Golf MK41,6L=moms shopping trolley + V5 2,3L GTI put to good use , 03' BMW 525i Touring(car) -Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by calvinhobbes View Post
                  This. : - )

Bug reports:
                  - it seems the antispam- and antibot-protection doesn't work anymore, I've seen multiple spam posts (who here is interested in buying a japanese car in Pakistan?)
                  - Smileys don't work (at least in Firefox 57.0) - Neither : ) (without space) nor the button for the "Smile" smiley produces a smiley in the post. Even : - ) (without spaces) produces just a blank space.

Feature requests:
                  - Please bring back the 24-hour time format - Most of the world is used to the 24-hour time format ; - )
                  Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

1) I'm completely lost with the classic vbulletin theme.
                    2) my subscriptions takes forfuckingever to load.
                    3) GO TO POST link in latest activity goes to OP instead of first unread post (works in my subscriptions)
                    4) Switching between latest forums / latest activity / my subscriptions is done in-line instead of via new page, so you can't use back/forward buttons. I hate it.

Final Gear around the world care package
                    discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

This.

Currently Drive - 205 GTI
                      Currently Want - 1967 Mustang GT500 (Eleanor!)

Comment

I can see there is going to be a lot to get used to and of course there are going to be some bugs to iron out but hopefully that won't take too long and more importantly that the new style doesn't put people off.
                        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                          2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                          2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                          1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                          1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Noticed I could see signatures when not logged in, but as soon as I login they are gone.

Also can't login on Tapatalk. Get a network error message.

I'm not familiar with VBulletin, but I know the pain that comes from upgrading phpBB. So I wish you luck with the upgrades Viper!

Comment

Theme makes my face hurt.
                              ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Not a bug, but there's no current way to turn off ALL notifications of replies, as much as anyone else would want it, i think a lot of people would rather have it off than come to 1000 notifications eventually. Also another vote for a dark theme and a "new posts" or ispy button would be awesome

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
                                'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

Yeah, dark theme please!

Comment

guide for dummies to get everything back to normal pls

Comment

So much this.

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                                      "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                                      — John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
                                        Theme makes my face hurt.
                                        ^ This 1,000,000%. It is making my eyes hurt looking at this horrendous theme. Plus it just doesn't feel better in any way over the previous version. I hope there was a specific security reason for the update because this feels inferior. I hate technology and software constantly changing things just to change them. There was nothing wrong with the previous forum UI, vBulletin should of left it be.
                                        Me:
                                        2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                                        2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

Wife:
                                        2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                                        2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

Originally posted by Mitchi
                                        Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

Comment

Working...
                                        X