No announcement yet.

Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No you aren't the only one, and work for porting the forum to XenForo is underway.
    Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

I haven't forgotten about you all but I ran into some health issues:

https://alex.blog/2018/05/05/bone-ma...complications/
      My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
      There is no replacement for displacement.
      - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
      ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
      - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Don’t worry about us. Most important is your rest, relaxation and recovery. We’re rooting for you.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
        2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
        2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
        1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
        1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

holy shit

yeah, i wouldn't be browsing the internets eiher...
          best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
            Don’t worry about us. Most important is your rest, relaxation and recovery. We’re rooting for you.
            This a million times - some internet forums, even as awesome as this, isn't worth shit against health.

Stay strong, hopefully we'll see you again some time at roadtrips and ringmeets.
            Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Test import:

Total run time
              143.65 hours

Import totals

User groups
              38 (0 seconds)

Custom user fields
              10 (0 seconds)

Users
              64,531 (7.27 minutes)

5,269 (17.53 minutes)

Buddy and ignore lists
              1,014 (3 seconds)

Paid subscriptions

Custom BB codes
              12 (1 seconds)

Private messages
              31,629 (2.67 minutes)

Profile comments
              7,607 (17 seconds)

Forums
              277 (3 seconds)

Moderators
              9 (0 seconds)

Thread prefixes
              27 (1 seconds)

RSS feed sources
              3 (0 seconds)

Threads
              59,915 (2.27 minutes)

Tags
              58 (1 seconds)

Edit history
              287,580 (14.97 minutes)

Polls
              1,654 (18 seconds)

Attachments

Positive reputation
              160,237 (15.27 minutes)

Infractions
              630 (5 seconds)

CAPTCHA Questions
              3 (0 seconds)

Custom FAQ pages

Announcements
              9 (1 seconds)

Notices
              15 (0 seconds)

Smilies
              150 (1 seconds)
              Obviously some type of bug in importing posts. Not sure I want the forums offline for a full week while I migrate.

Meanwhile I'll try to get the test import up and running on the beta site so you guys can play with it.

EDIT: It's a bug related to very long threads: https://xenforo.com/community/thread...-posts.147288/ aka I bet it's the fault of Random Thoughts
              Last edited by Viper007Bond; May 29th, 2018, 12:36 AM.
              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Nothing of importance there, I'd say, it's just a running conversation. Delete and start anew, if possible.

Final Gear around the world care package
                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                  Nothing of importance there, I'd say, it's just a running conversation. Delete and start anew, if possible.
                  Agreed. I'd consider that thread, along with the Funny Picture Thread and probably Cool Videos to be disposable.

Comment

I'll be sad to see them go. I occasionally dig through ancient pages in RT looking for old arguments that I remembered. Is there a way to start a fresh thread, but keep the old one archived somewhere?

Also it seems to be a rather huge flaw that in this highly digital world, a thread with 4000ish pages/85,000 posts is too much for a database to handle, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

Is it possible to split up the various Random Thoughts Threads every 10,000 posts or so?

If not, yeah delete them. It's not like someone actually goes back some thousands of pages to look up something in there.

Comment

I vote for killing the Random threads. It's sad to delete them, but if that's the price to pay for a new beginning...

Comment

Yes. Delete them without hesitation! Consider it spring cleaning!

Comment

Like I said, maybe have an archived copy hosted elsewhere that can be slow, but still available for reference?

Comment

Thankfully someone wrote a patch that should fix the slowness issue so we shouldn't need to delete anything.

Comment

Well, happy days all around!

Final Gear around the world care package
                                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

As long as we get a fully functioning forum again...kill whatever threads need killing.
                                  ?
                                  "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Huh...who knew... Another forum I frequent uses PHB, and I always thought it was weird that long-running threads would need to be cut off at about 100 pages, or else it would noticeably slow down the forum. I always scratched my head because, "Well...FG has some threads with thousands of pages, and that seems fine...
                                    There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                                      Thankfully someone wrote a patch that should fix the slowness issue so we shouldn't need to delete anything.
                                      That's awesome to hear. Is there a timeline?
                                      There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The forums seem really fast this morning, even the long threads. Has something changed? Was the patch mentioned above for vB? It’s strange but welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                                          The forums seem really fast this morning, even the long threads. Has something changed? Was the patch mentioned above for vB? It’s strange but welcome.
                                          Can confirm.. oddly fast for vb5

Comment

Working...
                                          X