No announcement yet.

Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm, my previous post was marked as spam because I edited it twice in very short succession...

Regardless, it was a question about how to edit signatures, but I found that setting. Now my question is the character limit. Currently its set to 1000 including BBCode. The problem is that with a WYSIWYG editor, there's no way to tell how many characters there are behind the scenes (I can't imagine the [url] tags for my PYC threads are short, but I don't know). I want to see all the tags so that I can gauge the length. As it is right now, it tells me its too long and thats it. I've deleted more than what should be enough, but it still yells at me.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
      How do you edit your signature on vB5? I've searched everywhere in the profile and settings screens, can't seem to find it.
      Not sure either actually, but not worried about it since we're hopefully soon switching to XenForo instead.
      My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
      There is no replacement for displacement.
      - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
      ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
      - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

How do you edit your signature on vB5? I've searched everywhere in the profile and settings screens, can't seem to find it.
        User settings - Account - Edit Post Signature

Comment

I know we're going to XenForo soon, but when we get there, maybe there should be a spam whitelist for legacy members. Was just editing a post for typos / adding photos and got flagged as spam. Sure it was my 4th or 5th edit since I kept finding mistakes, but the changes were pretty innocent and would never have been flagged under vB4 (and hopefully won't be flagged in XenForo).

To add insult to injury... https://forums.finalgear.com/forum/f...ddocuments-com
          Last edited by CrzRsn; July 9th, 2018, 5:27 PM.

Comment

I know we're going to XenForo soon, but when we get there, maybe there should be a spam whitelist for legacy members. Was just editing a post for typos / adding photos and got flagged as spam. Sure it was my 4th or 5th edit since I kept finding mistakes, but the changes were pretty innocent and would never have been flagged under vB4 (and hopefully won't be flagged in XenForo).

To add insult to injury... https://forums.finalgear.com/forum/f...ddocuments-com
            I am all for this, and totally not because I plan on selling my lucrative FG account on eBay.ru.
            bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
            "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
            "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Just got my Smart Roadster thread flagged as spam too while I was editing the image links to remove all of the broken attachments. Everything was fine after updating the image links but as soon as I removed the attachments it got flagged. This is annoying because now I can't go through and update the rest of the images, something I had set time aside for.

Comment

Maybe the forum knows you're just trolling everyone with that silly little car

Comment

Thank you to the moderator who unlocked it, however I now have two more posts marked as spam after editing them a second time while trying to get the replacement images to look right. I'm not doing this for fun, I'm only doing it because attachments were broken. Two edits before being put in a spam queue seems excessive, especially considering the number of spam posts we still get.

Edit: I'm unable to post anything new today (18th), I get this. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

Last edited by Matt2000; July 18th, 2018, 9:45 AM.

Comment

Apparently now my replies to the Ringmeet thread are going into an approval queue, I just see 'unapproved' on blank reply and then nothing. Clearly this one works, which is odd. Maybe it's a word I'm using.

Edit: Another reply lost, on MXM's Panda thread this time keeps telling me it's going to a new page which makes no sense. I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.
                    Last edited by Matt2000; July 18th, 2018, 9:05 AM.

Comment

I don't know what has been going on today, I have been trying to post from my work machine and all of the posts have just disappeared into the ether. Any post I made even just one edit too were caught as spam too, very odd. Apparently I can post on my normal machine though just fine as I tested in the test forum. This is what I was getting earlier:

Comment

After 2 weeeks in the hospital, I'm finally out and back.

XenForo is a lot better at spam-protection and many other things too, I'll loop back with Quiky to see about migration timelines.
                        My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                        There is no replacement for displacement.
                        - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                        ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                        - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Glad to have you back.

Final Gear around the world care package
                          discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

That's a lot of good news!
                            ?
                            "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                              I don't know what has been going on today, I have been trying to post from my work machine and all of the posts have just disappeared into the ether. Any post I made even just one edit too were caught as spam too, very odd. Apparently I can post on my normal machine though just fine as I tested in the test forum. This is what I was getting earlier:

Should be resolved. Multiple groups per user results in permission conflict with VBulletin5. Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating. Large number of legacy groups(with conflicting permissions) which need removal- Live For Speed, Wiki Managers, etc.

Comment

Nobody even uses groups anyway... I'll wipe mine.

Final Gear around the world care package
                                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by Quiky View Post
                                  Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating.
                                  I guess they wanted to mimic social networks by insisting on those channels/groups/whatever.

Thanks for looking into it, we're really appreciating it.
                                  Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Originally posted by Quiky View Post

Should be resolved. Multiple groups per user results in permission conflict with VBulletin5. Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating. Large number of legacy groups(with conflicting permissions) which need removal- Live For Speed, Wiki Managers, etc.
                                    Thanks, it hasn't happened again since. I certainly appreciate your time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                      X