Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

I just noticed that it won't load when I click on the "Go to latest post" on Smurfens 118d PYC thread, but it will load when I click just on the title. But it then doesn't load all the content, in this latest post from today he has 3 embedded pictures that have a very odd looking BB-code, I assume it has something to do with attached and uploaded pictures, but the URL doesn't indicate it being attached pictures?

Code:
"[" IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/usRJIGP.jpg"}[/IMG2"]"

I added the quotes for around the very first and last brackets, since it would do the same "nothing to see here" trick even in code tags. Also, in the edit-preview, it actually shows the damn picture suddenly?!

Edit2: Well, after all this trying around and fiddling and testing enable/disable/whitelist javascript, I suddenly see the pictures and the post and everything works..!? Without having changed anything in the end..? I am confused.

Last edited:
I found out that the [video] tag works, but not in the preview, which is a bit disconcerting.

Still occasionally taking up to a minute to load a page. Also this:

670iCvk.png

If I click it, I get this:

K8A6opd.png

I've been doing my best to adjust to this new format, but I'll have to say that it's EXTREMELY frustrating!
Not being a particularly IT-savvy person, it's very hard for me to envision why so many of the worthwhile features of the 'old' site don't work now.

In any case, the new software threw me another curve ball this morning. I made a post to the 'food' forum. Re-reading it, I spotted a punctuation error and hit the 'edit' button. I was allowed to edit the text, but when I hit 'Save', I got an error message that said something to the effect that my post appeared to be SPAM and that it wouldn't be viewable until it was reviewed by a moderator... WTF? We can't edit posts now?

Also, I've never understood why we can't see our own posts 'automatically' after we hit ENTER. Probably someone's idea of saving time/space, but I find it irritating.

SL

RdKetchup;n3542804 said:
Logo is visible on the default theme, but not on the Cool Blue one. Might be why some don't see it.

Odd. But yeah, that's the one I'm using.

Whenever I want to visit the random thoughts automotive edition thread..

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"

I can’t post to the random thoughts automotive thread. When I try, this error comes up.

e9aab9b45ccebfa17920dbaecf8e2bae.jpg

Tapatalk throws up an error on that thread for me.

"Post Error
Failed to process XML Data due to an unkown error.

(quick send post - https://forums.finalgear.com/ - 30917)"

Mitchi;n3542993 said:
Whenever I want to visit the random thoughts automotive edition thread..

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"

That happened to be on the "Food...the threat that started..." thread. It seems to have resolved itself.

weird, not for me yet - haven't been able to read that thread in days...

Check check, one, two...

EDIT

Hoo-rah!

Can I somehow change how many threads are displayed on the forum pages? In my settings I can see posts per page (for the thread pages) but not threads per page for the forum pages...

10 is low... like really really low.

CrzRsn;n3542660 said:
Yeah I know that, just old habits since the old forum let you click the little symbol or the big thread icon. BUT, for some reason the white/blue symbol for me always takes me to the last post... not first unread.

Same here, not being able to go to last unread as a default really kills the forums for me :-(

Currently the private messages view are pretty broken: in a conversation between DaBoom and me some messages are completely empty, but others are completely visible while in a conversation between Brotan and me only the first three paragraphs of a message are visible, everything else won't show.