Forums have been upgraded to vBulletin 5

Hmmmm, my previous post was marked as spam because I edited it twice in very short succession...

Regardless, it was a question about how to edit signatures, but I found that setting. Now my question is the character limit. Currently its set to 1000 including BBCode. The problem is that with a WYSIWYG editor, there's no way to tell how many characters there are behind the scenes (I can't imagine the tags for my PYC threads are short,...t should be enough, but it still yells at me.

CrzRsn;n3550961 said:
How do you edit your signature on vB5? I've searched everywhere in the profile and settings screens, can't seem to find it.

Not sure either actually, but not worried about it since we're hopefully soon switching to XenForo instead.

CrzRsn;n3550961 said:
How do you edit your signature on vB5? I've searched everywhere in the profile and settings screens, can't seem to find it.

User settings - Account - Edit Post Signature

I know we're going to XenForo soon, but when we get there, maybe there should be a spam whitelist for legacy members. Was just editing a post for typos / adding photos and got flagged as spam. Sure it was my 4th or 5th edit since I kept finding mistakes, but the changes were pretty innocent and would never have been flagged under vB4 (and hopefully won't be flagged in XenForo).

To add insult to injury... https://forums.finalgear.com/forum/...d-fake-documents-counterfeitsanddocuments-com

Last edited:
CrzRsn;n3551124 said:
I know we're going to XenForo soon, but when we get there, maybe there should be a spam whitelist for legacy members. Was just editing a post for typos / adding photos and got flagged as spam. Sure it was my 4th or 5th edit since I kept finding mistakes, but the changes were pretty innocent and would never have been flagged under vB4 (and hopefully won't be flagged in XenForo).

To add insult to injury... https://forums.finalgear.com/forum/...d-fake-documents-counterfeitsanddocuments-com

I am all for this, and totally not because I plan on selling my lucrative FG account on eBay.ru.

Just got my Smart Roadster thread flagged as spam too while I was editing the image links to remove all of the broken attachments. Everything was fine after updating the image links but as soon as I removed the attachments it got flagged. This is annoying because now I can't go through and update the rest of the images, something I had set time aside for.

Thank you to the moderator who unlocked it, however I now have two more posts marked as spam after editing them a second time while trying to get the replacement images to look right. I'm not doing this for fun, I'm only doing it because attachments were broken. Two edits before being put in a spam queue seems excessive, especially considering the number of spam posts we still get.

Edit: I'm unable to post anything new today (18th), I get this. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"306","width":"1202","src":"http:\/\/image.matttester.co.uk\/2018\/2018-07-18\/Fuuuuuuuu.JPG"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Apparently now my replies to the Ringmeet thread are going into an approval queue, I just see 'unapproved' on blank reply and then nothing. Clearly this one works, which is odd. Maybe it's a word I'm using.

Edit: Another reply lost, on MXM's Panda thread this time keeps telling me it's going to a new page which makes no sense. I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.

Last edited:
I don't know what has been going on today, I have been trying to post from my work machine and all of the posts have just disappeared into the ether. Any post I made even just one edit too were caught as spam too, very odd. Apparently I can post on my normal machine though just fine as I tested in the test forum. This is what I was getting earlier:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"204","width":"800","src":"http:\/\/image.matttester.co.uk\/2018\/2018-07-18\/Fuuuuuuuu.JPG"}[/IMG2]

After 2 weeeks in the hospital, I'm finally out and back. :)

XenForo is a lot better at spam-protection and many other things too, I'll loop back with Quiky to see about migration timelines.

That's a lot of good news!:D

Matt2000;n3551498 said:
I don't know what has been going on today, I have been trying to post from my work machine and all of the posts have just disappeared into the ether. Any post I made even just one edit too were caught as spam too, very odd. Apparently I can post on my normal machine though just fine as I tested in the test forum. This is what I was getting earlier:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"204","width":"800","src":"http:\/\/image.matttester.co.uk\/2018\/2018-07-18\/Fuuuuuuuu.JPG"}[/IMG2]

Should be resolved. Multiple groups per user results in permission conflict with VBulletin5. Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating. Large number of legacy groups(with conflicting permissions) which need removal- Live For Speed, Wiki Managers, etc.

Quiky;n3551688 said:
Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating.
I guess they wanted to mimic social networks by insisting on those channels/groups/whatever.

Thanks for looking into it, we're really appreciating it. :)

Quiky;n3551688 said:
Should be resolved. Multiple groups per user results in permission conflict with VBulletin5. Their insistence on "channel permissions" is infuriating. Large number of legacy groups(with conflicting permissions) which need removal- Live For Speed, Wiki Managers, etc.

Thanks, it hasn't happened again since. I certainly appreciate your time.