No announcement yet.

XenForo beta feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes please, 1200px is way too narrow, as in Nabster's screenshot shown. It has to be at least double that.
    Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

I sort of feel like defining the max width in terms of a set pixel dimension may be the wrong way to go about it. Is it possible to simply define it as a percentage of the window width instead? To throw out a completely not thought through or researched number, say max width 90% which would allow an even but not too large of a gap for framing regardless of width. Maybe this is too future thinking, but who's to say what resolution becomes common and accepted? I still occasionally come across those older websites with the "Best viewed in Internet Explorer at 800x600 resolution" line in the footer and chuckle every time.
      My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

I'd say using percent is the way to go. If the CSS is janky and breaks when using a percentage I can give it a look.
        bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
        "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
        "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

I just set it to 100%. You can resize your browser if you want it narrower.
          My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
          There is no replacement for displacement.
          - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
          ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
          - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

^ actually in that case I think you should use "none"

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_dim_max-width.asp
            M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
              For those complaining about the mobile theme, like most modern websites, there is no such thing. Instead the site is responsive so that it works on any screen size. Resize your desktop browser to see for yourself.
              I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
              2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
              2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
              1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
              1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post

I understand that, but is there a way to get it to not do that? I don't want it to resize becuase I have a small screen..... if I wanted that, I'd use tapatalk. I don't like dumbed down websites since many of the options I use are removed.
                I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas View Post

I have a tab open for this forum on my chrome for android, and "request desktop site" is constantly on and working without ever having to tell it again. Works the same for me on the XF beta site. But I even prefer the mobile view there since it removes the silly boxes on the site. It's just lacking the subforums links, which I hope is merely a click to turn on. Other than that, the mobile website behaves for me just like the desktop version and stretches full width, just moves said boxes to the bottom.
                  Request desktop site on my iPhone just redirects back to the mobile sized version.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                  2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                  2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                  1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                  1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by Jupix View Post
                    ^ actually in that case I think you should use "none"

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_dim_max-width.asp
                    Ends up being the same but good point.
                    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?
                      Last edited by argatoga; June 16th, 2018, 11:28 PM.
                      bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                      "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                      "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                        Much better! Any chance we can get the old red and grey colors and gear icon set of the old site?
                        We can worry about cosmetic stuff when we do the real migration. We'll be moving hosting at the same time to slim down on costs.

Comment

See testthread on the beta-board: Uploading and attaching local pictures doesn't work. They turn into single pixel files.

http://beta.fpsportal.com/index.php?...2#post-3547142

Comment

Attachments are supposed to be disabled but I did it the wrong way. I don't want to deal with the space usage.

Comment

Ah okay. Fair enough, I don't really need it but wanted to merely test it .

Comment

Can we get the old color scheme back?

Also, I'm so glad XenForo has the greatest thread on the internet, still: http://beta.fpsportal.com/index.php?...s-balls.53821/

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
                                ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Comment

Originally posted by ninjacoco View Post
                                  Can we get the old color scheme back?
                                  When we do the real migration, we will.

Comment

Woo!

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
                                    ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Comment

Working...
                                    X