Where In The World Is..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post
    Captain70s? I hope he sold his BL money pits and got out of living in the middle of boofu nowhere... he seemed pretty down while here.
    Originally posted by MWF View Post
    Yeah, irritating, self-absorbed morose little prick as we was I do hope he got himself sorted out, in spite of throwing back the collective's best efforts to help him back into our faces.
    Originally posted by Misrabelle View Post
    Glasgow.
    Sort of, kind of, mostly, yes?

To cut a fairly long story short I had a considerable mental breakdown, got fired from my job, started taking medication for mental health issues and moved house from rural Scotland to it's largest and most populated city all in the space of about a month toward the beginning of this year (there was a brief period where I had a house, a flat, three cars and no income). From that point onward it's been a case of scrabbling for shifts/money at my 0-hour contract job in order to finance the Doloshite 1300's return to roadworthy status, hopefully before Christmas 'cause I've currently abandoned it in a rented garage 200 miles north which is impractical to say the least... I did meet a girl locally who finds me attractive and endearing (I don't get it either) about a month or so ago, so am now learning how relationships work as well.

Oh, and I swapped the yellow Dolly 1850 for an early 1970s Soviet record player and a Waltham clock radio after discovering even more structural underseal and areas of wafer thin metal held together with a solid coat of paint. The bloke who has it now can weld, so it may hit the road again one day...

I've yet to get clouted by anybody thus far, although certain folk at work are a bit cold, being an Englishman with a posh accent who lives in the "fancy" end of town isn't exactly a recipe for making friends in Glasgow's east end factories... I think I need to substitute more of my commas for "fuckin" to fit in better. My flat (top floor behind a buzzer activated door) got burgled not long after I moved there in true Glasgae fashion, thankfully the thieves were so incompetent (or my possessions so worthless) all they stole was my tin of loose change and then they got chased down and caught by the postman anyway...

So, that's an update. I can confirm to being not dead and potentially healthier/happier than any other time in the last decade or so.

Comment

Sincerely happy to hear from you, and especially that you seem to get better
      - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
        What he said!

Comment

Well Captain, your humour seems to be in good health at least. Glad to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by captain_70s View Post
            So, that's an update. I can confirm to being not dead and potentially healthier/happier than any other time in the last decade or so.
            Glad to hear you're doing well
            Voehan rähmä!

Se on nyt nimittäin sillä lailla että...

My gallery: http://raparperi.1g.fi/kuvat/
            The awesome sig was made by public!

Comment

Originally posted by captain_70s View Post
              That's brilliant news! Stay better and push on!
              Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
              (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

"The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Godspeed Captain!

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                  "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                  — John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
                    Likewise!

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                    Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                    Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                    Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Working...
                    X