FinalGear Forums under top 2250 forums in the world! :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FinalGear Forums under top 2250 forums in the world! :(

This may take a second to load http://rankings.big-boards.com/?sort=posts&p=all

That site lists all the forums in the world Ranked by posts, users and views and Finalgear isn't on there.

Time to step up our game and maybe then we can beat that damn

Zwangerschapspagina Forum... The dutch pregnancy and baby discussion forum!

Quality > quantity.

Comment

I feel quite good staying under the radar.
      Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
      (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

FG is already too big for its own good, I reckon.

Comment

Actually, with 1,267,610 posts (before I typed this one) FG.com should be in 1470th place on that list.

EDIT:
          And 1105th based on members.
          Last edited by Adunaphel; February 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM.
          1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
          1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
          2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
          2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
          2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
          Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

And if you count views? (funny picture thread's over a million just on its own...)
            Support your FG Community: buy a shirt or iPhone cover

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible - but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

Comment

maybe no one's submitted it... also i liek being unknown, ninjas ftw

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
              'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

I rather prefer flying under the radar. It means we're still close and tight nit with none of the immaturity and war that goes on outside. It's like a safe haven on the internet...well for us anyway.

Comment

lolfags

Comment

Originally posted by LeMans GTR View Post
                    It's like a safe haven on the internet...well for us anyway.
                    Yeh, we don't like them 'ere strangers round these 'ere parts.

Comment

No, see, this is a GOOD thing. It means we're just like TG -- ambitious but rubbish. And I like that.
                      “Relationships - of all kinds - are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” ― Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory and the Kernel of Power: A Book about Leadership, Self-Empowerment, and Personal Growth

Originally posted by Blind_Io
                      Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Comment

The quality of members on this forum is much higher than most. Last thing I want is 4chan like quality here.
                        bogative ☭

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                        "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                        "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

4chan
                          Japanese culture message board

"Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
                          2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                            The quality of members on this forum is much higher than most. Last thing I want is 4chan like quality here.
                            I'm glad you like the quality of my member
                            1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                            1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                            2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                            2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                            2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                            Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Originally posted by Adunaphel View Post
                              I'm glad you like the quality of my member
                              Oh I do.
                              bogative ☭

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                              "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                              "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                                Oh I do.
                                And the happy ending?

Comment

/me votes to submit as "Finalgear.com - Aerial Piano Removal Techniques Discussion Board"
                                  Max (1986 E32 735i):
                                  Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):

Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

Comment

I like it the size it is. Its pretty big, but not so big that there are too many people. For a site this size, I feel like I know most of the regulars pretty well, which is great. And the local community is also excellent (see Massachusetts meetup thread).

Not many other forums have communities like we do, which is why this is the only forum I've ended up staying over the years (I've been a member at tons of them).

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                                    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                                    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                                    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                                    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

As others have said, I don't necessarily want FG to degrade to the point of many of those large forums.

Quality really is greater than quantity.

The sky has been falling for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Blayde View Post
                                        maybe no one's submitted it... also i liek being unknown, ninjas ftw
                                        I submitted it like a million years ago. They basically want money now to get listed, otherwise they ignore you.
                                        My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                                        There is no replacement for displacement.
                                        - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                                        ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                                        - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Working...
                                        X