Car Reviews by Top Gear presenters: one article, one thread

Danny Tran

or <br /><div class="bigusername">Tranny Dan?</div
I'm mostly referring to Jeremy's reviews. I just read the one on the Fezza 458 which is not in the massive TimesOnline thread, and it was so much simpler to read and comment on.

Since his reviews are rare, one per week at most it wouldn't be too bad sofar as thread count go.

We have said before, threads before new forum sections. If you really want a section for these things, start making a new thread each time you find an article, and name them informatively.

I just read the one on the Fezza 458 which is not in the massive TimesOnline thread,

Because said review was for TG the Mag (and website), not for the Times. The 458 review has its own thread (as it should).

Last edited:
I'd prefer one-thread per review myself, but people seem to like a single thread.

The thing with one thread per article is each week rarely gets more than 3-5 posts. James has probably 45+ a year and Jeremy 80+ from their newspapers alone. Add in TG Magazine (monthly), plus if anyone bothers with Jeremy's page in the Sun and whatever other accessory articles they write not to mention anything by Richard, is it really worth it? If we really want 150+ threads that are nothing more than a link and "awe Jeremy/James/Richard is so cute he always cracks me up?" So far the responses to the articles have proven less than interesting (including my own). Are you really that convinced that making new threads will bring SO much more attention to the articles that the response history will changed markedly?

The thing with one thread per article is each week rarely gets more than 3-5 posts. James has probably 45+ a year and Jeremy 80+ from their newspapers alone. Add in TG Magazine (monthly), plus if anyone bothers with Jeremy's page in the Sun and whatever other accessory articles they write not to mention anything by Richard, is it really worth it? If we really want 150+ threads that are nothing more than a link and "awe Jeremy/James/Richard is so cute he always cracks me up?" So far the responses to the articles have proven less than interesting (including my own). Are you really that convinced that making new threads will bring SO much more attention to the articles that the response history will changed markedly?

Oh, well if it's that little discussion, then one thread per person is better.

There's already one thread for James's Telegraph columns, one for Jeremy's car reviews in the Times, one for his regular columns in the Times, and one for the trio's columns in TG Magazine. All of them seem to be doing alright, IMO.