Please stop prefixing your posts with "^"

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
For those of you who reply to the previous post by doing "^ my reply here", stop it. It's not hard to click a damn button:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2010/04/16/replywithquote.png

Not to mention when I merge two threads, delete a post, your post is the first on a new page, etc. it makes totally no sense as your post is no longer below the post you were replying to.

Thanks.

^ Agreed.

^ Saw that coming.

^ It had to happen. One of the fundamental truths of the universe.

^^^^whatever you say, boss.

^ Am I the only one who read that in Samuel L. Jackson's voice.

^ Yeah? Maybe? Stop looking at me, I don't have all the answers!

Quotes aren't always needed and clutter up your post and take up extra space. So, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :p

Yeah, it's kind of redundant to quote the post directly above....

I'll just leave them out from now on. Also, I saw this thread immediately after making such a post :lol:

Quotes aren't always needed and clutter up your post and take up extra space. So, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. :p

You're asking for a neg rep. <_<

Yeah, it's kind of redundant to quote the post directly above....

If you're specifically replying to a post, then no, it's not.

Your post may not always be directly after the post you replied to (as I said, when two threads are merged, they are displayed in the order that they were posted, regardless of thread). It's also highly confusing if the post at the top of the page is "^ yeah I totally agree". Well what do you totally agree with? Okay, now I have to go back a page and scroll all the way down to see what you were talking about.

It's literally one extra click. Just do it. For me. <_<

You're asking me to break a deeply ingrained habit here, but I'll try :)

(and most likely fail, like I said, it's almost second nature for me now!)

I know this has always bugged you so this was only a matter of time. I tried it a few times but I didn't like it and I did not inhale. It shouldn't be too hard for me to stop doing it.

You're asking me to break a deeply ingrained habit here, but I'll try :)

(and most likely fail, like I said, it's almost second nature for me now!)

It's not the end of the world obviously, I just find it highly annoying. :/

I know this has always bugged you so this was only a matter of time. I tried it a few times but I didn't like it and I did not inhale. It shouldn't be too hard for me to stop doing it.

Yes, I'm annoyed by the little things. I have quite a few pet peeves and as forum owner, I can make people bend to my will. BWAH HA HA HA HA! :evil:

;)

Yes, I'm annoyed by the little things. I have quite a few pet peeves and as forum owner, I can make people bend to my will. BWAH HA HA HA HA! :evil:

So should we start giving out warnings and infractions to people doing it :shifty: