Disabling Avatar & Signatures

evoWALO

It is possible that FinalGear have an option in my profile to disable the images or the whole signature of all members? I sometimes browse using a slow connection and it would be helpful to be able to download without the added weight of avatar or sig images.

If you use opera theres an option to stop images being loaded, its only a simple button.
Check your browser options i would suggest.

I'm interested in shutting off signature images (I do like avatars).
However it's not a big deal since right now I have all signature images adblocked individually.

^^ You seem to know the hidden stuff in every standard proggy around ;-) Regarding you helped me with the winamp problem ;-)

Other forums can turn off sigs. I was hoping FinalGear could too. I do the Adblock for the most annoying of sigs/avatars but I was hoping that there was something that could do it to all.

You can stop images from loading in Firefox too.

Tools -> Options -> Web Features -> Load Images

You can even set it to only load the images that originate from the website, so all the avatars, smilies and buttons will show, but not the sigs. ;)

jensked said:
my dad had a computer since I was 8. I'm now 21.
Rookie! :p
My dad had a computer in 1976 or so when I was 4 (it was some sort of punch tape machine).
I seriously started to work with computers (an Apple II at first) in 1979/1980 (I was 7/8 ), I'm 33 now.

you all suck, I started typing on a computer before I could walk.

My father had made some kind of program so when I ejected the floppy, it made a barfing sound, apparently I loved it and laughed a lot hehe

Had my first computer at like 7 or 8 8)

Renesis said:

My father had made some kind of program so when I ejected the floppy, it made a barfing sound, apparently I loved it and laughed a lot hehe

Yeah, but that was like... hmmmmm, in 1998? :mrgreen:

:lmao:

bihus said:
Renesis said:

Yeah, but that was like... hmmmmm, in 1998? :mrgreen:

More like 1995 :lol:

I remember my first PC - a beautiful Amiga 1500 :) and my first console was a sexy little Spectrum ZX (OMG - Jet Pack Man was the best game EVER :D)

Overheat said:
OMG - Jet Pack Man was the best game EVER :D

I always tought Blues Brothers was the best game ever :) Or maybe Prince of Persia...

Just those games you could play over and over again. (obviously..you couldn't save so you had to start all over again when you died) When I play a game now, i get bored the second time I play it.

My first computer was in 1992. A Packard Bell 386 SX with 13" monitor. My favourite game? Wolfenstein 3D. I was like 4 years old.