X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Message Usage for New Members

Effective immediately:
    If you have registered after February 20th 2011, you cannot use the Private Message system unless manually authorized by the forum staff.

This is a direct response to assholes who register to harass and intimidate members of our community.

In order to activate your Private Messaging, you need to make a single reply to this thread requesting for the use of it, along with a valid reason for the usage.

To quote All Your Base...: What happen?!
    Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
    (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
      To quote All Your Base...: What happen?!
      I suspect some more random insult bots sneaked onto the forum and started spamming inboxes with death threats starting with "Die painfully".
      (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

someone set up us the bomb

I think Q explained it nicely, but I wouldn't mind a few juicy details myself.

Final Gear around the world care package
        discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by vikiradTG2007 View Post
          I suspect some more random insult bots sneaked onto the forum and started spamming inboxes with death threats starting with "Die painfully".
          Never heard of insult bots before, is Anon remotely trolling now?

Comment

Originally posted by maxtortheone View Post
            Never heard of insult bots before, is Anon remotely trolling now?
            It's not new, I got a threatening bot-spewed message on Yahoo Answers years ago.
            (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

I realize this thread is not meant to be a discussion thread, but I feel this needs to be said:

Originally posted by Quiky View Post
              a valid reason for the usage.
              I hope "I want to exchange private messages with other members here" is valid enough. Your wording can be read to be meant more restrictive...

Comment

Originally posted by DanRoM View Post
                I hope "I want to exchange private messages with other members here" is valid enough. Your wording can be read to be meant more restrictive...
                That is a valid reason, however we will check more than their reason-- IPs, previous posts, location, etc, and it will be up to our discretion to enable the feature.

Comment

this is my first message board. How does one "send a Private Message" to another user?
                  Thanks!
                  Follow my boring journey on Twitter!: https://twitter.com/#!/Hive_5

Comment

click on their name above the avatar, you get a drop down menu.

Final Gear around the world care package
                    discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

I humbly requests enabling of exchange of PM with other members here!

Comment

Originally posted by hedenhos View Post
                        I humbly requests enabling of exchange of PM with other members here!
                        Denied. Your request is to get torrent site invites, which is against the forum rules.

Comment

OK.

I'm truly sorry if I have caused any inconvenience.

Comment

I like to request usage of the PM in this the forums, so i can participate in club activities in the Forza forums.

how long does it take to clear somebody for usage of PM's. I just missed a part of my club activity i wanted to be apart of. I really like to join them. can someone please help me out.
                            Last edited by matchan_3; December 18th, 2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Some forums only let you use PM's are posting at least 20 'intelligent' posts.
                              Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

That's fair enough I guess.

Comment

Very sensible forum policy.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_christie View Post
                                    Some forums only let you use PM's are posting at least 20 'intelligent' posts.
                                    I am against that policy on the basis that I'd never reach that total.

Comment

I would like to have PM usage for club activites, please.

Comment

Originally posted by matchan_3 View Post
                                        I would like to have PM usage for club activites, please.
                                        Should be enabled now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X