We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've lost a Finn. R.I.P. Thujalvi/Jussi Kontusalmi

As people who've met me know, I'm not really a man of many words. But as I'm rather active at making Finnish FG meets happen, I have contact info for most people that have attended meets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8977.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	3440743
    Last edited by DaBoom; June 6th, 2015, 3:24 PM. Reason: Picture of the man & the machine added
    Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares the driver.

Having met Jussi during Ringmeets and Finnmeets, I am really sorry to get these news, 25 is no age to go. He was a core part of our lovely group of idiots and will be dearly missed.
    He was a true Finn, a man of few, but loud words, a fanatic about all things BMW, Sauna and beer and definitely will forever keep the award "best beard at ringmeet".
    Jussi, you will be missed! I will have a beer on you tonight!
    Max (1986 E32 735i):
    Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):

Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

Comment

Damn.
      I will miss all the random BMW talks we had on IRC, and making fun of cursed BMW projects. RIP.
      1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
      1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
      2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
      2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
      2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
      2018 Renault Clio Tce 90 Intens
      Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

That's sad news. My condolences to his family and friends - and well, to ourselves here at FG, as far that doesn't overlap with "friends" anyway.

I shall remember him as the live incarnation of the "Finn as such" from Ringmeet. And that's a compliment.

Comment

Awful news. From the very brief time I spent in his company, and his participation on the forum, he seemed like a great guy. 25 is far too fucking young.

Comment

Regardless of the cause 25 is no age to go. I knew him all too briefly and he was a real character. He will be sorely missed online here and more critically in person at Ringmeet where I hope everyone will join me in a moment's silence in his memory followed by a toast before the awards ceremony.

RIP Jussi, it is an honour to have known you.
            WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

I never met him in real life, only via IRC. Still, it's a damn shame and 25 is way too young.

RIP.
              2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
              For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

Comment

RIP
                The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open

Comment

As said before, this just sucks.. hard to say anything else on the matter..

Comment

It's always crushing to hear about someone passing, even if you didn't know them well. Terrible news.

RIP Jussi

Comment

I am speechless.
                      RIP

Comment

Damn.
                        I met him on Ringmeet 2014 and sadly we only exchanged a few words, but I'll miss seeing him again.
                        He left a lasting impression on me, and went away way to soon.
                        Farewell, and may you rebuild many BMWs wherever you are now.

Also, we should name the "Best Ringmeet Beard award" in his honor.
                        ?
                        "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

I enjoyed watching his E30 project come along...Sad to hear.

Second on the best beard award being named in his honor.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                          Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                          Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                          Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

I did not know him, but a loss is always a sad thing when it comes to a life.

may he drink with the warriors of valhalla.

"Vikings don't rape and pillage anymore, they drive like warriors instead."

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              It's always crushing to hear about someone passing, even if you didn't know them well. Terrible news.

RIP Jussi
                              Indeed, 25 is way too young. He will be missed. RIP Jussi.
                              "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Sad news, indeed. He may be gone, but shall not be forgotten.

Steve

Comment

Sad news.
                                  Rest in peace!

Comment

Very sad news, my sincere condolences to Jussi's family.

'01 A6 2.4 (2007-2011) | '10 C200K T (2011-2016) | '10 A5 3.0 TDI (2017) | '08 MX5 2.0 (2017-?) | '18? Model 3 (?)

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Comment

RIP.

If you can, please do pass our condolences to his family.
                                      FTP Update: https://forums.finalgear.com/ftp-thr...welcome-61327/

Comment

Terrible news, RIP Jussi.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on 2013 and 2014 Ringmeets and got to ride with him in Dave's Saab on the way back from the restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                                        X