2018 May Dallas Meet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 May Dallas Meet

If anyone from the Dallas FG contingent is interested in a meet, the spousal unit and I will both be in Dallas the weekend of May 19th!

When: Saturday, May 19th @ 7pm

Usual suspects...
    Crazyjeeper
    Der Stig
    Nabster
    Spectre
    ninjacoco (just in case you're around. )
    Blind_Io

If you're interested, what day or time works best? Blind's leaving DFW around 7pm on Sunday, but we're free otherwise.
    Last edited by Kiki; May 8th, 2018, 7:40 PM. Reason: Updated 'ze plans!

Just set a Google Flights alert for those days.

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one! Too bad I won't have the Xterra there, it's far more better looking than I am.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
      but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
        Yes please! *crossing paws* (I should have posted this way sooner.)

Comment

My calendar is empty on those days as of now, so I guess I can drag myself out and be social.
          My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

I understand there will be alcohol, if that helps. Kiki says it seems to help her deal with me.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
            but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Other than Saturday from 1-5 Iā€™m free. Iā€™d be down for either Sunday lunch then hangout at my nearby house or dinner Saturday and then the same.

The sky has been falling for decades.

Comment

My guest room is available if that helps.
                thomas can comment on the luxuriousness

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Sweet - let's do Saturday dinner then! How about meeting at 7pm at Twisted Roots?

Comment

Originally posted by Der Stig View Post

My guest room is available if that helps.
                    thomas can comment on the luxuriousness
                    Sweet! I'll keep it in mind. Thanks

Originally posted by Kiki View Post
                    Sweet - let's do Saturday dinner then! How about meeting at 7pm at Twisted Roots?
                    Was just going to ask what the plan was since I realized I'm on a business trip that Friday and getting back to Detroit later than the last flight to Dallas, so I'm now looking at Sat morning flights.

Comment

The locations guest room is rather simply, but the bed is comfortable, a wide selection of firearms for self-defense are available through the host, who also happens to be some sort of (be it misguided in some points) car-guy.. all in all, 10/10, would stay again

Comment

^^^ (P.S., sorry we missed you thomas by a month!)

Was just going to ask what the plan was since I realized I'm on a business trip that Friday and getting back to Detroit later than the last flight to Dallas, so I'm now looking at Sat morning flights.
                        Coolbeans. I updated the first post with date and time.

...and I'm already looking forward to the boozy milkshakes.
                        Last edited by Kiki; May 8th, 2018, 7:47 PM.

Comment

Just admit that you're trying to avoid me..

Comment

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                            Just admit that you're trying to avoid me..
                            Psh!! Though, seriously, you need to visit next time you're in the States. We are pretty close to a bunch of the national parks here.

Comment

I wanted to before, you know that.. but plans often change.. . I've tried to make Ethan and Nick take the time for some Moab-Offroad-Action.. but they seem to have this pesky reallife thing going on with work and shit.. almost every single time I am on vacation.. weird, hu? SLC is also a really annoying distance. 1200 miles is not enough for 2 full days, but kinda much for one day. I've done 900 miles in a day and that took me something around 13-14 hours.. (to be fair, the first 750 miles were easy and merely 10 hours, then I hit Atlanta at rush hour and had to get to the other side of it..) Still have it on my list of plans to do! But I also kinda really need to get my ass over to the west coast and say Hi to Steve and Alex... so many things to do.. so little time to do them..

Comment

Flight I want to take just dropped massivly in price. Currently looking at a combo that arrives at DFW at 10:30am Saturday and departs at 11am on Sunday.

EDIT: Flight booked, rental car booked. Der Stig, thanks for the room offer, but I'll probably stay at a hotel . Gotta earn those status points.
                                Last edited by CrzRsn; May 10th, 2018, 4:59 PM.

Comment

Sweet, glad it worked out!

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                                  Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                                  Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                                  Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

I'll keep this in mind if we rain out that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                                      I wanted to before, you know that.. but plans often change.. . I've tried to make Ethan and Nick take the time for some Moab-Offroad-Action.. but they seem to have this pesky reallife thing going on with work and shit.. almost every single time I am on vacation.. weird, hu? SLC is also a really annoying distance. 1200 miles is not enough for 2 full days, but kinda much for one day. I've done 900 miles in a day and that took me something around 13-14 hours.. (to be fair, the first 750 miles were easy and merely 10 hours, then I hit Atlanta at rush hour and had to get to the other side of it..) Still have it on my list of plans to do! But I also kinda really need to get my ass over to the west coast and say Hi to Steve and Alex... so many things to do.. so little time to do them..
                                      All's good - we're still kickin' around here, so you're welcome anytime! Though, we totally need to try a Moab meet next time if there's enough interest and availability.

Flight I want to take just dropped massivly in price. Currently looking at a combo that arrives at DFW at 10:30am Saturday and departs at 11am on Sunday.

EDIT: Flight booked, rental car booked. Der Stig, thanks for the room offer, but I'll probably stay at a hotel . Gotta earn those status points.
                                      Sweet!!

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
                                      I'll keep this in mind if we rain out that weekend.
                                      Doin' a raindance (though you know you want to make it out )

Comment

Just to be sure we're on the same page, I should go rent a Focus so CrzRsn and I can have matching cars for this little meetup, right?
                                        My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Working...
                                        X