2018 May Dallas Meet

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
Car(s)
4x4, 2x1WD
If anyone from the Dallas FG contingent is interested in a meet, the spousal unit and I will both be in Dallas the weekend of May 19th!

When: Saturday, May 19th @ 7pm

Usual suspects...
Crazyjeeper
Der Stig
Nabster
Spectre
ninjacoco (just in case you're around. ;) )
Blind_Io

If you're interested, what day or time works best? Blind's leaving DFW around 7pm on Sunday, but we're free otherwise. :)

Last edited:
Just set a Google Flights alert for those days.

I'm looking forward to this one! Too bad I won't have the Xterra there, it's far more better looking than I am.

CrzRsn;n3548861 said:
Just set a Google Flights alert for those days.

Yes please! *crossing paws* (I should have posted this way sooner.)

My calendar is empty on those days as of now, so I guess I can drag myself out and be social. ;)

I understand there will be alcohol, if that helps. Kiki says it seems to help her deal with me.

Other than Saturday from 1-5 I’m free. I’d be down for either Sunday lunch then hangout at my nearby house or dinner Saturday and then the same.

Sweet - let's do Saturday dinner then! How about meeting at 7pm at Twisted Roots?

Der Stig;n3548890 said:
My guest room is available if that helps.
thomas can comment on the luxuriousness :p

Sweet! I'll keep it in mind. Thanks

Kiki;n3548893 said:
Sweet - let's do Saturday dinner then! How about meeting at 7pm at Twisted Roots?

Was just going to ask what the plan was since I realized I'm on a business trip that Friday and getting back to Detroit later than the last flight to Dallas, so I'm now looking at Sat morning flights.

The locations guest room is rather simply, but the bed is comfortable, a wide selection of firearms for self-defense are available through the host, who also happens to be some sort of (be it misguided in some points) car-guy.. all in all, 10/10, would stay again :D

^^^:lol: (P.S., sorry we missed you thomas by a month!)

CrzRsn;n3548894 said:
Was just going to ask what the plan was since I realized I'm on a business trip that Friday and getting back to Detroit later than the last flight to Dallas, so I'm now looking at Sat morning flights.

Coolbeans. I updated the first post with date and time. :)

...and I'm already looking forward to the boozy milkshakes.

Last edited:
thomas;n3548911 said:
Just admit that you're trying to avoid me.. :p

Psh!! Though, seriously, you need to visit next time you're in the States. We are pretty close to a bunch of the national parks here. ;)

I wanted to before, you know that.. but plans often change.. :). I've tried to make Ethan and Nick take the time for some Moab-Offroad-Action.. but they seem to have this pesky reallife thing going on with work and shit.. almost every single time I am on vacation.. weird, hu? :D SLC is also a really annoying distance. 1200 miles is not enough for 2 full days, but kinda much for one day. I've done 900 miles in a day and that took me something around 13-14 hours.. (to be fair, the first 750 miles were easy and merely 10 hours, then I hit Atlanta at rush hour and had to get to the other side of it..) Still have it on my list of plans to do! But I also kinda really need to get my ass over to the west coast and say Hi to Steve and Alex... so many things to do.. so little time to do them..

Flight I want to take just dropped massivly in price. Currently looking at a combo that arrives at DFW at 10:30am Saturday and departs at 11am on Sunday.

EDIT: Flight booked, rental car booked. Der Stig, thanks for the room offer, but I'll probably stay at a hotel . Gotta earn those status points.

Last edited:
thomas;n3548930 said:
I wanted to before, you know that.. but plans often change.. :). I've tried to make Ethan and Nick take the time for some Moab-Offroad-Action.. but they seem to have this pesky reallife thing going on with work and shit.. almost every single time I am on vacation.. weird, hu? :D SLC is also a really annoying distance. 1200 miles is not enough for 2 full days, but kinda much for one day. I've done 900 miles in a day and that took me something around 13-14 hours.. (to be fair, the first 750 miles were easy and merely 10 hours, then I hit Atlanta at rush hour and had to get to the other side of it..) Still have it on my list of plans to do! But I also kinda really need to get my ass over to the west coast and say Hi to Steve and Alex... so many things to do.. so little time to do them..

All's good - we're still kickin' around here, so you're welcome anytime! Though, we totally need to try a Moab meet next time if there's enough interest and availability.

CrzRsn;n3548933 said:
Flight I want to take just dropped massivly in price. Currently looking at a combo that arrives at DFW at 10:30am Saturday and departs at 11am on Sunday.

EDIT: Flight booked, rental car booked. Der Stig, thanks for the room offer, but I'll probably stay at a hotel . Gotta earn those status points.

:thumbsup: Sweet!!

CraigB;n3548951 said:
I'll keep this in mind if we rain out that weekend.

Doin' a raindance (though you know you want to make it out ;))

Just to be sure we're on the same page, I should go rent a Focus so CrzRsn and I can have matching cars for this little meetup, right? :D