FinalGear Texasmeet - Nov. 16-18, 2012 (Austin F1)

I will probably end up flying instead of driving-- 50 hours roundtrip is a bit too much. Any progress in the plans, or just "whenever, whatever"?

Nugget and I will be at H2R on Thursday, working with the staff there on a pre-F1 event. I'm not sure how much about the event is public information at the moment, but we'll be there, and visitors are invited. Once more details of the event are public, yall can make decisions about whether or not to come to it and how much of the day to spend there.

Some other day (possibly Monday?) will be a Hill Country drive. I'll sort out more details on that as it gets closer. I haven't been intending to plan a lot for the actual race days, as I figure we'll be watching the race and playing at H2R. H2R has a climate controlled clubhouse, high speed internet, big screen TV, gaming consoles (with car games and more), and many, many antics. It can keep car people entertained for weeks, so while it sounds like there's not a lot planned for those days, we should be well entertained. If people are uninterested in Friday practice, this can be one of the days we do "other stuff" (as listed elsewhere in the thread).

That's about as solid as plans are for me at the moment...

I'm probably going to be crashing at a friend's in Round Rock, good idea or bad idea?

If you don't have one already, get a TXTag. Round Rock is a relatively long drive to most of the stuff we'll be doing, but it's also far enough out to give you lots of route options. Get a TXTag so 45 and 130 are viable options for you, and we can talk about some of the back-road "ways around Austin" as the date approaches. That'll leave you with a relatively long (probably around 45 minutes to an hour to H2R), but not-so-stressful drive. If 130 is low on traffic, it may be less time than that. But 130 goes right by the airport and CotA, so it may not be low traffic. :)

You texans and your stupid toll-roads. I just hope that the Rental has everything I need, the customer service (via mail) wasn't really able to help me with that and just told me to ask upon pickup. That'll be fun.. ;)

You don't get charged for not using it.

Based on reading the site and my (vague) memory, it sounds like there's no charge for the tag itself, so long as you sign up with autopay. Joel may know more - I believe he ordered one recently. :)

All right, it's on. Taking off Nov. 15-19. (I don't think I can do the 20th. Stupid Thanksgiving eats up two days that week. TWO. Effin' gluttony.)

Point being...

BRING ON THE LULZ.

Last edited:
yeah..

I know I'll be spending a day or two driving to San Antonio and/or Houston, and seeing an ex-boss.

I mostly just want to make sure that there will be track time outside of the weekend :p

Maybe I'll use the 20th and check out "german city" New Braunfels and pretend someone is my long-lost relative and request a greencard due to that fact :p

There will be lulz. I just don't think I can take a full day off on the 20th. :(

(I live here, so in no way, shape or form does this limit the timeline for the lulz.)

Last edited:
I will fart in the only bathroom if I stay home.

Only.

Bathroom.