FinalGear Texasmeet - Nov. 16-18, 2012 (Austin F1)

Yeah, thats what joel told me and what I hope. Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait 6-7 weeks until I can book (and thus confirm) my trip. I hope the planetickets behave and don't go up, or maybe even down.

Yeah, I can hook you up with a satnav. It's a bit old and crap and doesn't tell you what lane to be in, but it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I can hook you up with a satnav. It's a bit old and crap and doesn't tell you what lane to be in, but it works.

Sounds good! Sounds like a quick meet after I land (6pm), before I head off to San Marcos (180miles). Will be a late checkin :D, but shouldn't be a problem :).

Now I just have to arrange a few minor details. Like get time off and get a flight.

Just a few more options for the itinerary...

My FlightAware colleague, Karl, has agreed to loan us a mini-arsenal of weapons from his personal collection, so if anyone wants to join Thomas for his Texas gun shooting adventure I'll be able to supply a nice range of small arms, assault rifles, pistols, and whatnot. Arming the German, what could possibly go wrong with that plan? There are countless shooting ranges in the area, or we can just set up targets at H2R when the track goes cold and then the only cost is buying ammo.

A fellow H2R member and friend of ours has just started up a collector's car dealership. He's got a staggering garage of cool cars and we could all take a tour and drool over his collection if people are interested. He's a cool guy and wouldn't mind us crawling all over his cars and gawking. He's in Austin and has a garage big enough to hold all of this:

collection.jpg

Just a few more options for the itinerary...

My FlightAware colleague, Karl, has agreed to loan us a mini-arsenal of weapons from his personal collection, so if anyone wants to join Thomas for his Texas gun shooting adventure I'll be able to supply a nice range of small arms, assault rifles, pistols, and whatnot. Arming the German, what could possibly go wrong with that plan? There are countless shooting ranges in the area, or we can just set up targets at H2R when the track goes cold and then the only cost is buying ammo.

DEAL! :D Damn it, I so need to make this happen! :mrgreen:

A fellow H2R member and friend of ours has just started up a collector's car dealership. He's got a staggering garage of cool cars and we could all take a tour and drool over his collection if people are interested. He's a cool guy and wouldn't mind us crawling all over his cars and gawking. He's in Austin and has a garage big enough to hold all of this:

collection.jpg

Sounds and looks awesome, definately worthwhile. :D

Thanksgiving is the 22nd. However, that should be a better day to fly in the US than the 21st, and since you're leaving the country, rather than entering, it should be as un-bad as it'll get (traveling around Thanksgiving, at least).

right.. and leaving later in the day means he'll miss most of the crap left over from Wednesday. No one will be flying on Thursday afternoon/evening unless they have to.

And another somewhat final update from my side:

I just booked a flight, arriving november 14th, scheduled 1:50pm at IAH. In style, in an A380! :D I'll use the same bird to leave from IAH on thanksgiving day (22nd) scheduled 4:10pm.

This is set, I will be there. Texas better be worth it! :p

awesome :D

I'll probably be arriving on Wednesday morning and probably leaving on Thanksgiving morning.. don't want to hit traffic leaving the area.

I hope we get some people together for a proper finalgear-meet! What about starting a list, at least of people who will be in austin at the time of the race, thus being theoretically available for a meet? Sounds like a plan, I guess.

possible attendants:
- nugget
- equi
- joel
- coco
- thomas
- stig
- Saturn07
- jsausley

People thinking about it (whats to think about!?):
- Chaos
- Viper

Did I forget someone? Those lists definately need more names on them!

Yep. It's about 25 minutes south of Austin

Edit to add: curses! *shakes fist at equi*
DUDE. Google's pretty current. I see the beginnings of an off-road infield trail AND it's properly labelled as a raceway! Yay!

Also, I think I see new pavement at 11. YAY.

ETA: Looks like the earlier repave since nothing's at 9, buttttt...still awesome.

Last edited:
ORANGE RS.

ORANGE 997.1 GT3 RS.

Coco NEEDS.

(I like this tour idea.)