FinalGear Texasmeet - Nov. 16-18, 2012 (Austin F1)

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Enough of us have said that we're probably going that there needs to be some kind of official meet thread going besides the general "what can we do in Texas?" thread.

So, I'll call it since it HAS to happen:

Texasmeet.

Week of the F1 race.

Because really, really fast race cars, dude.

Assorted track badassery at Harris Hill Road has been mentioned as a possible activity. Also, I vote for eating some el scorcho de bunghole food because mouth pain is good for you.

Who all is coming into town for this? I live here, so I don't have a choice. :lol:

TX FTW!

circuit-of-the-americas-map.800w_600h.jpg

Red-Bull-Racing-F1-Austin-4-623x349.jpg

FLUFFEH.jpg

470371823bc111e19896123138142014_6.jpg

iPuffalump_Quattro_020_sm.jpg

franklin-bbq-brisket.jpg

Current list of attendees:
1. ninjacoco (and Fluffy Bunny, Eater of Souls)

[copy, paste and add yourselves]

man that track looks so good...

I'm about 80% certain I'll be there for the race. I'm hoping I can find a way to drive down and spend an extra week or so there, but I may have to give up and fly there instead. We'll see, as things get a little closer.

Some of my coworkers will likely go, plus with all you there... hard to pass up!

Just a shame it's in November though. I'd love to drive the Viper down.

Last edited:
I'm uninterested in the race itself, but equi and I will obviously make the trek out for any FG-related festivities and to open the gate at Harris Hill Road for everyone to come hoon their rental cars.

if I can find the means to drive my car to Austin... track time will be a must.

I just have to determine whether I should plan on arriving early, or staying late. It'll probably have to be just one or the other.

I'm leaning that way, too. Get a comfy beach towel + racecars! racecars! racecars!!!!1! = happy afternoon, methinks. Maybe the 7/8/9 grassy spot?

15th and Trinity = it'd be a bit of a hike, but pfffft, I might even be able to leave the car at HOME for that pick-up spot.

very nice.. I'm supposed to be able to buy tickets before the public sale starts, but I Circuit of the Americas has been seriously running behind on their communications so far. I just sent another email tonight.. we'll see.

I'm definitely going to be there.. hopefully by driving, but if not, then by flying.

ahh.. just got the pre-sale info. Time to buy tickets.

So, has anyone here given much thought to what seats they might want to buy tickets for yet? I'm thinking Turn 5 or Turn 12.. both of which should provide good views of large parts of the track. I think turns 3 & 4 will be blocked from seeing the last few corners by mid-field grandstands.

map with grandstands: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/tickets

renderings of views from Turn 1, Turn 15, and the pit area: http://circuitoftheamericas.com/tickets-psl

I'd love T1 seats.. but that's just not going to happen.

Last edited:
I just bought T5 grandstand tickets.. and I plan on spending a lot of time around GA areas as well, through the weekend.

T12 lower seating appeared to be sold out already :(

I just want to say you are all bastards because I promised myself I would be sensible with my money this year and not have a holiday in the US but dammit y'all are tempting me!

Tempt
Tempt
Tempt
Tempt
Tempt

My co-worker bought some section T12-7 tickets and has a few extras. I might have to buy one off him if I go.

DO EET!

Then it'd be the BEST TEXASMEET EVER.

really think the T12 seats are going to be the best.. outside of T1 (PSL.. lame). Other than those.. most of the other grandstands look pretty good. I'm sure the GA seats will be awesome too, and that'll probably be where the real fun is :D

Oh hi! I'll be in the Turn 12 grandstand with my brother and father. We'll be there that whole week, but we're flying in and renting a car, which is boring but cheaper. :p