August 11th, 2012: Seattle Area Meetup (Seattle + Portland + Vancouver)

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
UPDATE! We're doing the Cascade Loop. Details here: http://www.finalgear.com/news/2012/07/17/finalgear-com-seattle-meet-drive-august-11th/

UPDATE 2! We're leaving Exotics @ Redmond Town Center at 10am! Specifically the parking lot of the Desert Fire. Don't be late! Even better -- show up at 9am and see all of the exotics before we leave.

UPDATE 3! Not sure exactly where in RTC we're meeting. Check out page 11 for the talk.

-----

Let's start working on a Seattle-area meetup for some time this summer. It could be a Seattle + Portland + Vancouver meet.

We could do it on a Saturday, starting the meet at Exotics @ Redmond Town Center and then go on a day trip somewhere.

Seems they have some very nice cars that show up: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151441480885221.846106.201202160220&type=1 (125 last weekend apparently)

Last edited:
I'm happy to help suggest good driving routes around here and with enough notice I should be able to make it almost any given Saturday.

I'm working on an event that any car guy would want to attend. The event is tentatively scheduled for the 22nd of June, which is a Friday. We could plan a Friday -> Saturday meet if there is any interest. Of course, NOS Forum Feat is that day as well so it might not be the best Saturday to plan a meet.

I'm all for Redmond.

I'm happy to help suggest good driving routes around here and with enough notice I should be able to make it almost any given Saturday.

please do.. I know of many good roads in the area, but I'm also jaded and hate seeing traffic on roads. I also know that most of the good roads in east King County are well known by police/sheriff as well. There's some really good stuff in south east King County that's more remote, but that may be too far from Redmond.

I'm working on an event that any car guy would want to attend. The event is tentatively scheduled for the 22nd of June, which is a Friday. We could plan a Friday -> Saturday meet if there is any interest. Of course, NOS Forum Feat is that day as well so it might not be the best Saturday to plan a meet.

waterwerks is also the sunday of that weekend.

this finalgear meet would be separate from anything else.. and is generally only for people who are on the forum

Anyone who visits FinalGear would be welcome, forums or not, but I don't have any interest in merging it up with another meet. Attending a short one such as Exotics @ RTC is different though of course because they aren't all coming on the drive with us.

I also doubt there would be much interest in a multi-day meetup as that significantly adds to the costs involved. Making it a day trip allows people to leave home that morning, meet, and then drive home that night. One advantage of Exotics @ RTC is that it would push the start of the actual meet to late morning (or even noon) allowing people to not have to leave super early if they want to skip RTC.

Making it a day trip allows people to leave home that morning, meet, and then drive home that night.

Agreed. I follow the same philosophy for hiking. I hate sleeping outside.

Sounds good to me. I'm open pretty much every Saturday but June 23rd and July 14 in that case. I know the guys who run E@RTC pretty well and have been going for about 3 years, so I can help with any logistics involving that side.

Anyone who visits FinalGear would be welcome, forums or not

sorry.. didn't mean to specify forum only.. just FG.

Sounds good to me. I'm open pretty much every Saturday but June 23rd and July 14 in that case. I know the guys who run E@RTC pretty well and have been going for about 3 years, so I can help with any logistics involving that side.

what logistics would be needed just to attend and look at some cars?

what logistics would be needed just to attend and look at some cars?
I was thinking we might want to be able to be near each other when parked to make leaving somewhat easier. I imagine Viper's Viper would be parked in the display area, and if anyone else wants to park in the show I could have a corner of the lot reserved for FG folks. Just trying to be helpful since I know even the simplest meets can get pretty disorganized pretty quickly.

Any updates on this?

I'm in Seattle right now, heh. Here for a conference and to visit my sister.

Ha! I completely forgot about this and the coincidentally happened to go to Exotics @ RTC on Saturday the 19th (for the first time ever).
Didn't see any Vipers there but there were a few other cool cars :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v4voodoo/tags/exoticsrtc/

I woulda loved to go to that but I was in Seattle for a WordPress conference that took place on Saturday. 3 hours of driving isn't too bad actually so I may have to head up some Friday afternoon, crash at my sister's place, and then go to Exotics@RTC Saturday morning.

3 hours of driving isn't too bad actually so I may have to head up some Friday afternoon
Let's just say my friend's record is quite a bit less than 3 hours in a car with half as much power as yours :p

Let's just say my friend's record is quite a bit less than 3 hours in a car with half as much power as yours :p

I think I literally passed about a half dozen people that had been pulled over by cops while I was on my way home. I'll stick to going 80 MPH (10 MPH over the limit). :p

my record with getting pulled over between Chehalis and Longview is not good... I've been scared into not speeding much in that area now :(

my record with getting pulled over between Chehalis and Longview is not good... I've been scared into not speeding much in that area now :(

Yeah, that extra 5-10 MPH isn't going to make a huge difference. Don't get a ticket!