#gear.fi 2012

Not quite, sadly. When the drops become bigger and faster, I still need a roof to be able to keep glasses clean. Really need that half-roof for next tour!

A few pics from my camera.

Sitting pretty much at the water level

A few pics that DaBoom snapped with my camera while Lastsoul was the passenger in my car

And a few that Lastsoul made from the passenger seat

Standing around, doing fuck-all

Le bridge

Driving on said bridge

Driving behind the Turbo

Is that what the sunroof is for? ;)

The cabin

Quite a view right from the yard

The offroad 7

Thats what we did on the roadtrip when we were not driving :D. And in the mornings, when we were supposed to get up earlier.. :p

Due to getting a broken replacement brake caliper to replace the one I broke myself on the MX-5 I decided to take part shotgunning almost single car in the meet, only missing W126 of matyas as he left earlier than I thought. Apart from that it was actually nice without a car once, as I could experience the 560SEC, 993TT and mikas' E46 330d and the Megane in addition to E30 and the 7 which I had experienced beforehand. Every one of them was great but very different, thanks for the rides!

Some pictures:

medium

Helsinki-based members met at the Sportscar Breakfast Club, which gathered about 140 sportscar owners last time in the 2012 season. Yeah, it was awesome.

medium

Our convoy met DaBoom and Jupix at a gas station. Tire marks were not ours.

medium

I don't remember if Jupix has ever posted pictures of the W126's trip computer. Anyway, it was so awesome it that possible double posting only does justice. I was really impressed by the sheer W126s of it.

medium

Nice place to have a cup of coffee.

medium

medium

Convoy of VW enthusiasts drove into the other direction

medium

DaBoom and I took a shortcut with the 30 through a special stage gravel road and photographed others passing by.

medium

medium

We spotted a local Mercedes owner

big

We met Pry in a harbor which was a great location for group shot...

...and enjoyed Finnish music provided by the boat in the background.

medium

medium

medium

That spoiler <3

medium

On a boat

medium

big

medium

Going through woods. Sorry for crappy mobile phone quality.

medium

Cottage in the morning.

medium

View from the terrace of the main building in the cottage area.

medium

The main building itself was build using logs from the lake, some of them had been underwater for over 1500 years.

medium

We ended up in a gravel road because of my inexperience of country roads on our way to the cottage. MXM seems to like it dirty.

medium

...unlike BMW drivers!

medium

medium

Going through Savonlinna

medium

Waiting for the boat to pick us up.

medium

medium

If you ever end up in a city called Varkaus (Theft in English, really) you know what to do there! Group Bingo in English. Perfect for elder people.

medium

Great roads, epic sky.

medium

Small stop at the Motopark raceway

medium

We celebrated the end of the meet drinking Cockta together. DaBoom had had a bit too much Cockta and couldn't concentrate.

medium

If you ever end up in a city called Varkaus (Theft in English, really) you know what to do there! Group Bingo in English. Perfect for elder people.

Needless to say, that's where I bought my car...(the town, not the bingo hall :lol: )

V?lill? sit? itekkin n?ille osioille eksyy.. Mites onko talvelle miitti? jo suunniiteilla vai meneek? jo ensi vuoden puolelle?

Miittej?h?n j?rjestet??n s??nn?llisen ep?s??nn?llisesti. Ei muuta kuin threadi seurantaan (tai irkkiin suomikanavalle hillumaan). ;)

Hey Finns! Someone please look up a pic of geeman for me, I cba to do that here at work, and I'd like to know for what face I have to look this evening :p

-edit-
Found something in the 2011 gear.fi-meet. I suppose I'll be looking for a dude with not-so-much hair :D

_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Syksyn miittej?

Syksyn miittej?

Nonii, pistet??s nyt hajatelmia t?nnekin talteen.

Eli kev??st? asti haudottu retrolanimiitti ensin.

Suunnitelma kai t?h?n menness? oli ett? Kouvostoliitossa tapahtuu ja oletettavasti kukaan ei ehdi kahta p?iv?? enemp?? aiheeseen k?ytt??, joten la-su joku viikonloppu marraskuussa? Joten, nopeita p??t?ksi? kiitos.
3.-4.11.
10.-11.11.
24.-25.11.?

Sitten.. BMWgear.fi-miitti?? 24.11. :D
Luulis j?rjestyv?n v?h?n pienemm?ll?, kell??n aikaa miittailla, ehk? ajella kartinkiakin tai jotain? T?mm?ttinen luulis onnistuvan viikollakin jos viikonloput n?ytt?? t?ysilt?

Last edited:
3.-4.11. Ei mit??n mahdollisuutta
10.-11.11. Toistaiseksi vapaa
24.-25.11.? Ehk? lauantai vapaa, sunnuntai varattu.

Mik? tahansa k?y. Eli toi 10.-11.11. on varmaankin se valinta sitten? :)

Jep, laitoin itsekin kalenterin t?p?n tuohon 10-11.11., joten sill? menn??n nyt sit tuon lanimiitin osalta.

Jos sit 24.11. BMWgear-miitti?? :) Jos vaik Vislamikin ehtis huomaamaan t?llaiset suunnitelmat siihen menness?. :p

Last edited:
Jos sit 24.11. BMWgear-miitti?? :) Jos vaik Vislamikin ehtis huomaamaan t?llaiset suunnitelmat siihen menness?. :p

Hmjoo, oon varmaan tuolloin psadissa jos pikkujouluissa tulee oltua siell?p?in silloin. Varmaan k?y siis mullekin jos sit? kaavaillaan pk-seudulle tms. Ja autolla toki :mrgreen:

Joo tuli tuo huomattua, mutta eip? ole mahdollista min??n noina viikonloppuina osallistua :(