London QI-minimeet

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
A Dutchman, an American, an Englishman and a Slovenian walk into a BBC recording studio and Stephen Fry goes: "What is this, some kind of joke?"

So, if it wasn't obvious, a few of us, namely Adunaphel, Emarline, MWF and I, have decided to attend a recording of QI on 22nd April. This will happen from 18:30 to probably after 21h, but before and after (at least speaking for myself), we should be free to do as we please. Nothing has been discussed as to what will happen apart from trying to get the audience to win by being a bunch of loud smartasses, so I've made this thread for suggestions and planning.

I'm up for pretty much anything. My body is ready. ;)

Last edited:
I'm planning on getting to the studio at least 45 minutes early to ensure having seats (as the tickets say seating is first-come first-served, since they overbook to ensure having a full audience), but after the show I'm open to do whatever.

Last edited:
Our plan is to be there by 5.30. Would hate to miss out.

There will be some old people with us, namely my mum and Sarah's mum and possibly Dad if he can be arsed. I will try to keep them quiet with knitting and toffee. They will be travelling separately and will probably leave right after the recording with any luck so assuming it doesn't finish too late then there may be time for a quick bite and/or a pint afterwards.

I will probably have to work the morning at least but if that's the case Ice can hop a train up earlier to hook up with other peeps and we can catch up later. If I can get the afternoon off then I will do in which case we can be there about 3pm.

Jammy buggers. I saw MWF's FB update saying he had tickets, I didn't know there was a FG motley crew involved. :p Enjoy it.

Are you allowed to throw fruit from the seats? I don't know why I suggest this, first thing that came to mine.

Sarah's Dad ha confirmed he is coming so no spare ticket for this meet sadly. If her application goes through then there may be some for a May recording.

And I just realised this is happening on my half-birthday.

This'll be for the K series then, any idea when the thing will be aired and which program number you will be seeing? (i.e. Is it the first or nth in the new series.)

Enjoy yourselves.

:smile:

EDIT:
Wiki says it is the first program, recording date 22 April, 2013.

Last edited:
It's the first filming date of the series, so maybe it's the first episode, but I honestly have no idea.

This'll be for the K series then

Does that mean steam will erupt from Stephen Fry's neck before his head explodes entirely?

/Car joke.

Any idea who the guest panelists are?

I know two of them: Alan Davies and Stephen Fry. :D

I won't be able to make before.....how long does filming last? And where are you guys staying?

It says on the tickets that it runs until about 22:00, but of course that's hardly a guarantee.

Damn. No time for hanging around afterwards really, not if we have to get a train back to Brighton or want to get to bed ridiculously late and then get up for work in the morning. :(

Last edited:
I'll bring my cam with me and I'll record as much as possible.

That may not be such a good idea, unless you're talking about non-QI stuff.

from my ticket said:
4) The ticket holder is strictly forbidden from taking photographs, video or any footage in the Studio/Venue/Location (e.g. by using any mobile phone). Digital/tape recorders, radios, pagers and other forms of recording equipment are not to be taken into the Studio/Venue/Location. In addition, no food or drink can be taken into the Studio/Venue/Location.

Let us know if you can meet and talk to the contestants and Stephen Fry, (NB I am old enough to remember the broadcast with him on University Challenge - the Bamber Gascoin one).