Ringmeet 2016, August 11-14

Make sure you'll be there in time for the BBQ :)

I don't think I can demand calling it a day earlier when I have been there for just a month, but I'll try. :p

Dude, a Friday - or even more just a Friday afternoon - off should not be a problem even at only a month into a new job. If it is a problem, the company is not worth working for.

I only wish we'd still have Mini Dickmanns in contrast to the Super Dickmanns... but unfortunately they've been renamed some time ago.

We could do Deutschl?nder Dicke x Mini Wini... :p

You think a bit of clich? would do us good? ;)

Bring it on then.

Serve Sauerkraut and pretzels with the bratwurst at the BBQ!

Is anyone driving from north/mid-germany and would like me as a passenger or as a driver sometime thursday and back again sunday or monday?

I would suggest narf but at the speed he drives by the time you get there it would be time to turn round and head home again. :D

Is anyone driving from north/mid-germany and would like me as a passenger or as a driver sometime thursday and back again sunday or monday?
I might be, but as I stated last week I don't know yet whether I can have Tursday and/or Friday off. I'll ask my new boss when I begin working on July 1st, then I'll make a statement on how long I can attend ringmeet.

I'm driving down there Thursday, planning to arrive around 2 p.m., which means I need to start around 10 a.m. And I will leave again on Sunday around noon or early afternoon (very flexible with that, though, since I have 2 weeks of holiday following the Ringmeet).

If you somehow can make it here, I'd be happy to take you along. Any idea about how and where to pick you up?

I'll ask my new boss when I begin working on July 1st, then I'll make a statement on how long I can attend ringmeet.

:thumbup:

I would suggest narf but at the speed he drives by the time you get there it would be time to turn round and head home again. :D

:p

I'm driving down there Thursday, planning to arrive around 2 p.m., which means I need to start around 10 a.m. And I will leave again on Sunday around noon or early afternoon (very flexible with that, though, since I have 2 weeks of holiday following the Ringmeet).

If you somehow can make it here, I'd be happy to take you along. Any idea about how and where to pick you up?

My plan is to just drive somewhere, park, and then drive on with someone else. Don't know where sludge town is :p but judging by the fact that you'd take ~4 hours to get to the ring, that would be roughly 5 hours for me to drive to you, that could be doable.

Sludge Town is in northwestern Germany directly at the coast (Wilhelmshaven to be precise). The best opportunity for you to meet up with him would be at the Autobahn somewhere around Bremen. Norderstedt is about 1 1/2 hours less and you could leave the car in the underground space I rented since my car obviously wouldn't occupy that space for that weekend.

Last edited:
Well, it's just an option, since I definitely know I will be there on Thursday :dunno:

Parking a car here by my house isn't a problem but of course the downside is a 100 km detour.

In principle I'd be in for that, but I can't make a commitment until about a month before Ringmeet... Ideally I'd combine work trips before, after, or on both ends of Ringmeet and scheduling for August isn't done yet.

Well, it's just an option, since I definitely know I will be there on Thursday :dunno:

Parking a car here by my house isn't a problem but of course the downside is a 100 km detour.

If the alternative is driving all the way myself or going by plane, I'd take a 100km detour :)

In principle I'd be in for that, but I can't make a commitment until about a month before Ringmeet... Ideally I'd combine work trips before, after, or on both ends of Ringmeet and scheduling for August isn't done yet.

My planning so far consists of me getting thursday-monday of from work, just wanted to check if anyone is going the same direction, as I couldn't care less if I bring my car, I'd just like to avoid going by plane :)

My planning so far consists of me getting thursday-monday of from work, just wanted to check if anyone is going the same direction, as I couldn't care less if I bring my car, I'd just like to avoid going by plane :)

Last year I left Kiel Thursday after work (5pm or so), spent a night around Cologne, joined Ringmeet Friday morning, headed back Sunday before lunch. I'm aiming for something similar this year if I'll start and finish here.

From a conversation with BlaRo, a quiz section idea: given the official name for a wheel design, name the car it came on. Example: Saab Inca, Jaguar Montreal.