Woodward Dream Cruise (Michigan) - August 20, 2016

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Like last year, I want to gauge interest for a meetup. There was some activity in the old thread, but ultimately it ended up being me, LeVeL and thevictor. Maybe we can get a bigger crowd this year?

Copying details from last year's thread.

What? The Woodward Dream Cruise! Its one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) one day automotive celebrations of all things cars! 40,000 cars, 1.5 million people. Basically its a 14 mile long outdoor car show. Mostly classic American muscle, but you can see everything from Italian exotics to one off customs on the street. The Big 3 also have huge participation. Ford closes down an entire road in Ferndale for a 700+ Mustang display. GM occasionally shows concept cars up in Birmingham. And Chrysler has a huge party area in Royal Oak

When? The actual cruise is August 20th 2016, but every night starting around the 15th (if not earlier) will have hundreds of cars out.

Where? Woodward Ave, Michigan. Between Ferndale MI and Pontiac MI

Why?
otq76nrl.jpg

CIg61Fql.jpg

A testimonial

I don't know how to car anymore. This is massive sensory overload and it's only Thursday. I've stopped noticing Roadrunners, C7 Z06s, Shelby Cobra replicas, Hellcat Chargers and Challengers, etc. In one parking lot I lost count at 53 Dodge Vipers. I finally saw a Daytona Charger. I need a beer...

Already have expressed interest from Lev and Victor over IM about this year. Last year we cruised the full length (Ferndale to Pontiac and back). This year I think we're going to find a location and camp there for the first half of the day, cruise to lunch, cruise to another location and camp there for the second half of the day.

Interested in joining? Discuss below

Last edited:
That's nearly the same as the HAMB Drags as well. I set the schedule for the track, but there are certain weekends I can't plan around.

Sad face.

I'll probably be in for this year. Definitely not going to Midwest Drift Union this time.

Awesome! Since we won't be cruising, it'll be easier too coordinate meeting up.

I'm up for giving it a shot this year. Sounds like a better chance of meeting up rather than last year's "constant distance from each other maintaining position in the parade circling up and down the strip". Still fun, but a different experience...

Also, for whatever reason, I got a major case of deja vu from Craig's comment on HAMB.

...I'm apparently crazy though, since I can't find it in last year's thread.

If I were to come, should I bring the Jag or the Saab?

If I were to come, should I bring the Jag or the Saab?

Tough call. I think the Jag would be more unique?

Also :lol: at the if you were to come, there would be 3 friends coming from almost the same place in 3 cars. Ever heard of a carpool :p

Tough call. I think the Jag would be more unique?

Also :lol: at the if you were to come, there would be 3 friends coming from almost the same place in 3 cars. Ever heard of a carpool :p

:may:"I was the first to arrive, and as you'd expect, I've done this properly"

:may:"I was the first to arrive, and as you'd expect, I did things properly"

So does that put :hammond: in the RX8 and :clarkson: in the TL? Or vice versa?

Last edited:
I'm not against carpooling. But we'll have to fight over which car(s) to take :p

EDIT: I think the TL is the only vehicle that would be "proper" for a 12 hour drive.

:hammond: in the RX8 and :clarkson: in the TL
That sounds like the best matchup; maybe :clarkson: and :may: should be reversed.

EDIT: I think the TL is the only vehicle that would be "proper" for a 12 hour drive.

It'd certainly be the most fuel-efficient, or at least close to the Saab, but both it and the Jag are very comfy over long distances.

It'd certainly be the most fuel-efficient, or at least close to the Saab, but both it and the Jag are very comfy over long distances.

How's that exhaust drone?

Just realized that the XJR, RX8, and TL are all very close in IceBone's spreadsheet: 30, 31, and 34, respectively. I think a TG-esque challenge could be quite interesting...

Also, three routes:
1) Canada via Buffalo - 725mi but with delays at the border crossings.
2) Rt. 90 past Buffalo and via Cleveland. 817mi.
3) I was planning on taking Rt 80 through PA. 825mi.

Last edited:
Just realized that the XJR, RX8, and TL are all very close in IceBone's spreadsheet: 30, 31, and 34, respectively. I think a TG-esque challenge could be quite interesting...

Also, three routes:
1) Canada via Buffalo - 725mi but with delays at the border crossings.
2) Rt. 90 past Buffalo and via Cleveland. 817mi.
3) I was planning on taking Rt 80 through PA. 825mi.

My first thought would have been to always dismiss Canada, but 90 miles brings the break even/risk assessment closer than I'd have thought.

But that's it's a bit easier to make the decision considering

I don't have a pasport :unsure:

:lol: