Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Looking like shipping is going to run around $2k, so probably out of the cards, but I found a place where I can rent a Vstrom 1000 or Bandit 1250 for ?400 a week, which is much more plausible.

Just be sure to check there's not a daily km limit, with an additional cost/km.
I could fix you a Tiger 800 XCx for ?375/week or a Tiger Explorer XC for ?500/week, but both come with a 150km/day limit and ?0,20/additional km. With road trip distances often being 3-400km or more per day that could get quite expensive really quickly.

:lol: find me something I can have for 2 weeks for ?1k total expenditure, ie insured and T?Ved and I'll think about it.

For under 900, Sixt will let you have a 430 coupe... For under 1000, a Z4... Or similar, obviously ;)
Both with 4200km / 300 a day, should do for a road trip considering you won't do anything near that during ringmeet itself.
About 150 less if you don't pick up at an airport.

Last edited:
:lol: find me something I can have for 2 weeks for ?1k total expenditure, ie insured and T?Ved and I'll think about it.

Well that green E30 318i Touring I had a few years back did cost me, for 2 month (numbers from memory, accurate ones may be somewhere in its thread):
- 300 EUR purchase
- 60 EUR registration
- 30 EUR tax
- 40 EUR insurance
- 25 EUR oil service
= 455 EUR
+ 200 resale price to the first export dealer that showed up
= 255 EUR total cost

Plus 1 tank of fuel, since that was enough to make it to Ringmeet and back. The car had 2 month of T?V and would not have seen a new one as was, and the engine didn't sound too healthy. But it made it and I had it 2 month (of mostly sitting around).

I guess if one (say: me) would repeat that and include "other drivers" in the insurance, it'd be a bit more expensive on that end. Plus one would still have to find a running example of a car, that you'd want to drive :D. I don't doubt there is a shortage of running driving cheap cars, the question is just what would you want to drive for 2 weeks ;). And resale is usually something between scrap value (100EUR) and whatever the africa-dealer pays you for the pos.

Hmmm, I should probably create a thread before this becomes a mobile.de advert.

Narf- didn't realize SIXT was that cheap.

DaHitch- yeah, I'm going to need unlimited mileage. In less than the time/distance it takes me to leave Texas, I can get from Frankfurt to Bologna.

MWF- I'm not old enough to buy a diesel, automatic BMW yet :p Because I've already spent 2.5 hours on mobile.de and I'm an idiot, I'll probably buy a GTV 2.0TS and die in huge conflagration :lol:

We promise that Adu will ask the questions in the Pub Quiz between contractions but please keep the noise to a minimum so that public can concentrate on winning.

Again.

I'm thinking that this year me and Lastsoul should make the questions so there's some point in competing :lol:

I'm thinking that this year me and Lastsoul should make the questions so there's no point in competing :lol:
FTFY. With you two making the questions, I don't expect anyone to be able to give the answers. :p

Do it, then perhaps I can persuade Adu to host the Awards and I can have a year off.

We still need you for cooking :p

Narf- didn't realize SIXT was that cheap.

They're my go-to holiday rental company... With good-customer-discount I paid less than $30 a day for that 428i convertible in Florida :D

Right now I'm enjoying a brand spanking new 2er convertible from Sixt as well... No, I don't get commission :cry:

Last edited:
Why not try to buy a cheap SV650 or something similar, ride the shit out of it, and then try to sell it back?

I can see why. If I end up renting, I'm thinking to get around the kilometer limit, I'll do a Z4 then a 520d or something.

The limit I quoted is based on the rental days, so getting two isn't going to help unless you can get a more boring choice with unlimited mileage and do the long distance stretch... But then flights are dirt cheap here...

To round off my Sixt commercial, in 2016 they had motorcycles as well, up to S1000RRs... I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same in 2017.

I've never heard of Sixt before. Just looked them up and man do they have interesting cars at decent prices.

FTFY. With you two making the questions, I don't expect anyone to be able to give the answers. :p

Come on, there's a good chance every answer is actually "The Alfa Romeo ARNA". Shit, now I've given it away...

How about designing some special Ringmeet 10th Anniversary vinyl stickers? Like the ones we already got.

I really need to plan better - I'll start saving up for 2018, I swear, mark my words.