An American Visits Finland (August 7-15)

mjk

So the World Science Fiction Convention is going to be in Helsinki this August and, being a total dork, I'm going to be there. My plane arrives early on August 7 and my flight home leaves in late morning of August 16. From the 7th to the 13th, I'll be in and around Helsinki (mostly conventioning but also touristing), and on the afternoon of the 13th, I'm heading to Turku for some days of pure touristing. At the asscrack of dawn on the 16th, I need to be on a train back to Helsinki so I can get to the airport by 1030 for a 1230 flight. If any Finns have recommendations for things I should see, want to make plans to meet an actual North American Landwhale, or anything else, use this thread.

Shame about the timing - all the best FG Finns will most likely be at Ringmeet for much of that time.

Yeah, the timing sucks, but the con is when it is and I can't make my trip any longer :(

I already have plane tickets, hotel reservations, a convention membership, and more

You don't need to make it longer, you just need to make it go elsewhere. :p

And this has never been mentioned in IRC either. :p

Anyway, I'm flying back from Ringmeet on 14th, so a meet of some form should be doable on 15th. No tips on what to do or see in either town though. :lol: