Balkan Mini Meet III - October 2017

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
So we just booked a flight to Ljubljana arriving 16.15 on Weds October 11, and we are due to leave 20.25 the following Monday.

Plenty of time to discuss itinerary, routes and accommodation in the meantime but hoping to spend some quality time with Ice, nicjasno and of course the 47s and any others who may care to join us.

It's kind of my birthday weekender which is actually the weekend after, but it falls quite nicely between Ringmeet and Christmas in terms of having a mini break.

Suggestions for cool things to do appreciated muchly. Would quite like to see a bit of the national park, weather permitting. Slightly daunted by the fact that vegan/vegetarianism is an alien concept there but I am sure we can work something out in the meantime.

Can't wait - looking forward to seeing some of our favourite people IRL again and of course, after Ringmeet, HWF3.0 is keen to meet more of the folk I consider some of the most awesome in existence.

:cool:

It's a month away, my Slav fiends. Any suggestions as to what we can do while we are over, who is available for when and whether we need to book car hire and/or Air Bnbs at any point. I know you lovely people won't leave us in the lurch but at the same time we don't want to impose or make you feel obliged.

Plitwotsit looks like it will be pretty this time of year, and Zeljava is cool and even though I've been there before HWF3.0 hasn't. Mrs 47's baking is always welcome and I'm craving proper burek and cevapi.

If I'm going to order some fake Adidas shit I need to get on it to ensure it arrives from China in time, and at nearly 48 years old I need to train for the squat too!

Answers please.....

Plitvice is definitely a must and of course we need to do lunch once in Slovenia and once at the 47's.

Apparently there are several vegan or vegan friendly places to eat in Maribor....

Last edited:
I wouldn't know...:rolleyes:

I call BS. You and I are very alike - left-leaning, planet-caring but also dedicated petrolheads.

Just looking at the photos on the Plitwotsit website - :angel::hump::bmwpoo: that place is pretty!

Last edited:
Still, i only know of "the loving hut" as a vegan fast food chain. You can get a vegetarian meal in most restaurants, meaning without meat, but pure vegan, i wouldn't know. :(

There is at least one pizza place that offers options with vegan cheese.