Texas People!

NotLaw

Car(s)
'90 Saab SPG, '84 K5 Blazer, '67 Fairlane 500
So, it looks like my employer is going to be sending me to San Antonio from Sep 25 through Oct 6.

Anyone in the general area interested in meeting up the weekend of the 30th/1st?

I'm road-tripping there, so I'll have my car, and I fully intend to drive around, so a trip to the Dallas/Forth Worth area wouldn't be out of the question for me.

I'm not aware of people in SA, some in Houston, some in Austin, and a bunch in Dallas. I'll fly into Dallas on the 3rd and only be there on the 4th, by the time I get back to Texas it'll be the 9th.. so if you're in Dallas on the 4th, I'll be there, can't speak for the rest of the Texans.. from experience it is hard to get them to meet each other ;).

Midweek like that, I'm going to be a bit more limited as to what I can do, since I'll be working till at least the middle-afternoon, and I'll be leaving in the morning of the 7th to drive back to Utah, so it looks like we'll just miss each-other.

Honestly, my plan right now though is mostly just to drive around and explore the surrounding area as much as I can, whenever I can.

If no-one wants/is available to meet over that weekend, I'll probably just drive down to the coast.

Yeah, I'll be around if you get up to the DFW area as well, happy to get together with some other people if we find some time.

Hope I can make it!

Thanks for the route recommendations Thomas, Several of those look like they could be done in an afternoon, starting from San Antonio, so I'll be sure to hit them up.

As for meeting, maybe we can set up a time and place to meet somewhere in Dallas in the later morning of Saturday the 30th? (Sunday would work too, I've got nowhere specific to be on either day)

Google's telling me it should take about 4 hours to get from my hotel in SA to central Dallas, so 10am or so is probably about as early as I could reasonably be in the area.

I'm looking forward to getting to meet you guys, especially if you can get that Mustang there Nabster ;)

So, this is coming up this weekend, any ideas on a location? I've been in San Antonio since Monday, but I've only been in the Dallas area once, several years ago, and all I did was pass through, so I don't know the city at all.

Also, Saturday or Sunday?

I think the usual place that gets brought up is the Twisted Root at SMU. It's in Carroll Shelby's original garage/shop so there's at least some draw for car people. Really it doesn't matter too much to me as long as I can get something not spicy.

Oh, and I'm good for whenever, day doesn't matter to me.

That would work fine for me. say, 11:30 on Sunday?

The time and day aren't really that important to me either, but according to google at least, lunch on Sunday doesn't seem like it would be that busy, and I wouldn't necessarily have to leave super early to be in Dallas by 11:30 either.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to be up for it. Sent a mail to the entire mailing list of Dallas FGers.

I should go clean the road grime off the car from yesterdays excursion then. See you there.

Thanks for the pics Spectre, as I said in RT, it was good to meet you and the others.

Der Stig, Thomas, it's a shame we weren't able to meet, but perhaps next time. I'm sure the company will be sending me back here to SA again sometime.

If either of you find yourselves in Utah/Northern Arizona/Southern Nevada on your travels, let me know. No-where in the state is going to be too far for me to drive for a meet, (as evidenced I think by that fact that I drove from San Antonio to Dallas just for this)