Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned in the Ultimate Ringmeet thread, looking at the , there is basically only one possibility for Ringmeet 2018, which is the weekend of August 10-12, when the Oldtimer Grand Prix

RingMeet 2018: Aug 9-13
    Location, as always: Camping Viktoria Station in Kreuzberg.
    Hotelfaggery: Landgasthof Weihs, Hotel Faltin

Roadtrips: TBA
    Ring opening times: Thu 9-8: 17:15-19:30; Fri 10-8 closed; Sat 11-8 13:00-19:00; Sun 12-8 13:00-19:00

Pubquiz: Antti and I have teamed up for a clusterfuck of unprecedented proportions.
    Saturday dinner will likely once again be at our regular restaurant, Im Wurstkessel
    Last edited by Adunaphel; January 15th, 2018, 7:21 PM.
    1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
    1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
    2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
    2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
    2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction

2018 Renault Clio Tce 90 Intens
    Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Let's adu the same thing as every year and as every year, I'll put myself in the "likely, and hotelfag" list.
    Octavia
    Fabia
    Beetle

Comment

Well, there is always the intention, but rarely the means.
      Hopefully a shorter trip this time.
      (Come on Belgium! Just hire Rebeca already!)

If there's anything I can do to help, please tell me.
      ?
      "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Excellent. This saves the pages of debate before the inevitable conclusion to do the OGP Weekend as we do every year.

And as a matter of public record, after his excellent efforts one evening during the recent Balkan Meat, Icebone has agreed to be in charge of producing home-made beefburgers for the BBQ on the Friday evening although we do need the dimensions of the larger grill in order to get a stainless steel hotplate accessory made in advance.
        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

I still think gas would be better for the amount of burgers we'd need to make and how quickly, but that can be plan B, I suppose.

Now, let's get to planning the roadtrip!

Final Gear around the world care package
          discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Excellent, no messing about. Home made burgers sound great too. Plan is for me to join a roadtrip of some kind for 2018, whatever that may be.

Comment

Awesome, it will definitely help planning our family Austria trip.

You might finally see some at ringmeet for the first time
              - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post

Goddammit, as if I needed a reason to attend!
                ?
                "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Awesome, it doesn't overlap with any weddings I'm invited to or my West Virginia trip in July. This could be the year I finally make it out there.
                  "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                  -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post

Originally posted by Redliner View Post
                    Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
                    Awesome, it doesn't overlap with any weddings I'm invited to or my West Virginia trip in July. This could be the year I finally make it out there.
                    Woohoo! We let all the refugees terrorists foreigners awesome people in!
                    Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
                      Originally posted by Redliner View Post
                      ?

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
                        And as a matter of public record, after his excellent efforts one evening during the recent Balkan Meat, Icebone has agreed to be in charge of producing home-made beefburgers for the BBQ on the Friday evening although we do need the dimensions of the larger grill in order to get a stainless steel hotplate accessory made in advance.
                        The idea is all nice and dandy, but what is that going to cost?

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

Shouldn't be much. Depending on the size of the buns, the patties are 150-200 grams, so between 5 and 6 burgers per kg. And you don't need high quality beef, the shoulder's fine. How much does that go for in Germany?

Final Gear around the world care package
                          discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                            Depending on the size of the buns
                            Let the record show that I like big buns and I cannot lie.
                            "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                            -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                              Shouldn't be much. Depending on the size of the buns, the patties are 150-200 grams, so between 5 and 6 burgers per kg. And you don't need high quality beef, the shoulder's fine. How much does that go for in Germany?
                              Ok, so that'd have been a follow-up question. If regular minced meat from the shop is fine, it'll probably not make much of a difference to the steaks. Buns are probably going to add a few bucks but that'll be fine.

The BBQs diemensions should be around 80x50 cm or thereabout IIRC. But Joe can probably just take a gander at the real thing and eyeball it with some measuring thing.

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

Last edited by 93Flareside; November 22nd, 2017, 6:43 PM.
                                1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                                2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                                1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                                2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                                2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Well whatever that plane ticket is for you. Compared to that Ringmeet doesn't cost any money really..

Comment

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                                    Well whatever that plane ticket is for you. Compared to that Ringmeet doesn't cost any money really..
                                    Last edited by 93Flareside; November 22nd, 2017, 6:59 PM.
                                    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                                    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                                    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                                    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                                    2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Well look at you mister fancy pants..

Ringmeet cost estimate:
                                      - camping with drinks and Friday bbq for the full weekend:~$90 (bringing a car assumed)
                                      - hotel alternatively ~$65+ a night with breakfast
                                      - if hotel, $30 for drinks and bbq at the campsite
                                      - rental car ~$350+ for the extended 5 day weekend
                                      - plus whatever you drink and eat all day long (drinks while not at campsite or individual stuff you want)
                                      - potentially (shares of) ringlaps to convince people to do another lap to ride shotgun..
                                      - if you feel like it: rent a track tool, starting around $250-300 with a lap or two, more laps extra, beware of the deductibles though!! ($3000+++)

Comment

Well, I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                        X