Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

I’d be interested in English touristy things too

Train booked and Thomas paid! Finally.

Should be arriving between 4 and 5pm on Thursday if all goes well. :)

Glasses were dropped off at the engraver's Saturday to get them engraved with a Ringmeet logo, should get them back in two-ish weeks. I bought 24 glasses, one is sacrificed for laser setup, and breakage might occur, so I should have 22-23 glasses, of which 16 have already been claimed. If more people want glasses than I currently have AND I still have time before ringmeet, I will of course get more glasses and have those engraved as well. So speak now, or risk not getting a glass!

FYI, these are the glasses in question:
9200000054781838.jpg

Royal Leerdam AnDer 1.0, which is a beer tasting glass, but should also be suited for whiskies or whatever you want, basically, which a capacity of "up to" 25cl.

Last edited:
Adunaphel;n3550624 said:
Glasses were dropped off at the engraver's Saturday to get them engraved with a Ringmeet logo, should get them back in two-ish weeks. I bought 24 glasses, one is sacrificed for laser setup, and breakage might occur, so I should have 22-23 glasses, of which 16 have already been claimed. If more people want glasses than I currently have AND I still have time before ringmeet, I will of course get more glasses and have those engraved as well. So speak now, or risk not getting a glass!

FYI, these are the glasses in question:
9200000054781838.jpg

Royal Leerdam AnDer 1.0, which is a beer tasting glass, but should also be suited for whiskies or whatever you want, basically, which a capacity of "up to" 25cl.

this looks so nice, can i haz 1?

Thanks everyone for the idea of the bunker and sorting out an English speaking tour. Please put the three of us down for that.

Ditto to Adu for organising the glasses.

thomas still waiting for our total so we can PayPal you the funds please.

coco wants glass

The current list of people wanting glasses is: 47, 93FlareSide, Adamar (2x), Adunaphel, Brotan, CrzRsn, DaBoom, Galantti, gt1750, IceBone,Loose_Unit (2x), MacGuffin, Matt2000, MWF, MXM, ninjacoco, TobiasG, which adds up to 20. I think I'm going to order some extra...

Adunaphel;n3550651 said:
The current list of people wanting glasses is: 47, 93FlareSide, Adamar (2x), Adunaphel, Brotan, CrzRsn, DaBoom, Galantti, gt1750, IceBone,Loose_Unit (2x), MacGuffin, Matt2000, MWF, MXM, ninjacoco, TobiasG, which adds up to 20. I think I'm going to order some extra...
If you're willing to hold it for me (not for long, I hope) I'd like one too...

About the bunker tour: Friday before or after noon might be the logical choice because the Ring is closed. But not sure if everyone will already have arrived then. Here are some details I found on their Homepage:

Group Service:
120,00 € registered groups up to 15 persons
8,00 € / person, registered groups above 15 persons
additional fee 25,00 € for guided tour in foreign language (GB, F, NL, E)

Parking: Use our parking area in front of the museum
Temperature: In the bunker is a low temperature of 12° C/53.6° F.
Mobility Access: The Museum is wheelchair accessible.
Cameras: Still photography for personal use is permitted.
Photo admission: 2,50 €
Strollers: Baby strollers are permitted.
Dogs: Dogs are not permitted.

Last edited:
Oh wow. that looks interesting.

So, let's gather a list of people interested in the bunker tour, I'll list only those people who said "count me in" or something similarly clear:

DaBoom
TobiasG
MacGuffin
Matt2000
CrzRsn
MWF + HWF 3.0 + MWF Junior
leviathan
Eye-Q

Feel free to extend the list. :)

[edit]
Yes, I like lists, afterall I am german... :p

Hey, I have to perpetuate at least one stereotype, after such stereotypes as "germans don't have any kind of humour" or "germans don't like immigrants" fell apart... :p
[/edit]

Last edited:
Germans have humor?

CrzRsn;n3550691 said:
Germans have humor?
We'll beat our humo(u)r into you when you're over here, then you'll know our humo(u)r... :p

Yes we are all up for the bunker tour in a foreign language so put us down as confirmed.

thomas, as you are all for lists please refer to yours and my previous posts so we can PayPal you some money. I'm used to final demands when I owe money but not when I am actually trying to pay some! :p

MWF;n3550694 said:
thomas, as you are all for lists please refer to yours and my previous posts so we can PayPal you some money. I'm used to final demands when I owe money but not when I am actually trying to pay some! :p

I fixed my list accordingly and added it to my signature for convenience. I also just replied to your message directly.. just to make sure :D. Sorry for the delay, had forgotten about the details there.

D-Fence;n3550549 said:
You CAN actually book an English tour (Information on this is quite hidden). However, if you want to do it, I suggest you now agree on a time and date and contact Ahrtal-Tourismus. info@ahrtaltourismus.de

this sound interresting, count me it

thomas;n3550692 said:
No. And lists are important! That's why I am keeping all of you on my list! With all the details!

There was a movie about putting people on a list...

Thomas, you’re our savior!