Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

I am also arriving at FRA on Thursday, but a bit earlier than you, at 7 AM. My plans for Thursday night are not finalized yet, I will join the ringmeet on Friday.

RdKetchup;n3549962 said:
I am also arriving at FRA on Thursday, but a bit earlier than you, at 7 AM. My plans for Thursday night are not finalized yet, I will join the ringmeet on Friday.

aww no convoy from fraport on thursday morning?

CrzRsn;n3549961 said:
For what its worth I’m flying with carryon only and I have a stop in Prauge on my way back (inbound is direct). I am debating checking a bag on my way in to be able to bring some of my favorite beer with me to share.

FRA-PRG is inner-Schengen, so no extra border/customs check to worry about / stand in line for.

We want to do something "touristy" on Friday. I know there is the Roman Villa just up the road from the campsite but we did something similar not too long ago so...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do within roughy an hour or so drive of VS? We're already doing Phantasialand on the Weds and probably Classic Remise in Dusseldorf en route on the Tuesday (although if there were other available interest parties in the latter we could postpone that and do that on the Thursday and make a day of it.)

Naturally if anyone else wanted to join us and plan a scenic drive/tourist thing for the Friday that would be great. That still leaves (for us at least) Sat/Sun at the Ring.

The former government bunker comes to mind as well... And I'm always keen for scenic drives. We had to cut our scenic drive through the Rhine valley short in 2015. We skipped the whole Koblenz part and if some are interested, we could catch up on that.

Last edited:
MWF;n3550112 said:
We want to do something "touristy" on Friday. I know there is the Roman Villa just up the road from the campsite but we did something similar not too long ago so...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do within roughy an hour or so drive of VS? We're already doing Phantasialand on the Weds and probably Classic Remise in Dusseldorf en route on the Tuesday (although if there were other available interest parties in the latter we could postpone that and do that on the Thursday and make a day of it.)

Naturally if anyone else wanted to join us and plan a scenic drive/tourist thing for the Friday that would be great. That still leaves (for us at least) Sat/Sun at the Ring.

The town of Monschau is realy worth a visit, if you are looking for a nice old, typical "Eifel style", small city. Also the drive from VS to Monschau through the Eifel and along the "Rurtalsperre" (Rurdam) is very nice. On sunny sundays you find a lots of bikers on the streets around the Rurtalsperre, for those reasons :cool::driving:.

Last edited:
Well we're relaxed about what we do as long as it's something different. Bunker sounds great and we're all three of us into Cold War history stuff and it's something I've considered before.

Mr Macguffin, as you are also a fan of scenic drives and stuff other than the 'Ring could I possibly please prevail upon you to draft a rough itinerary for those who might be interested?

And if it ends up being just the four of us and we ride in the 'Stang then I would be more than happy to cover fuel costs and lunch. ;)

Depending how late we arrive on Friday we might join you for the bunker :)

MWF;n3550147 said:
Well we're relaxed about what we do as long as it's something different. Bunker sounds great and we're all three of us into Cold War history stuff and it's something I've considered before.

Mr Macguffin, as you are also a fan of scenic drives and stuff other than the 'Ring could I possibly please prevail upon you to draft a rough itinerary for those who might be interested?

And if it ends up being just the four of us and we ride in the 'Stang then I would be more than happy to cover fuel costs and lunch. ;)

The bunker is only a few kilometers down the road from Kreuzberg. What Terrex wrote, sounds interesting as well. Maybe he can come up with a route? I don't live in the area and in contrast to the drive through the Rhine Valley, you probably need some local knowledge for planning a drive through the Eifel.

Terrex, would you care to take the lead on this one? I know you're pretty local so probably the best qualified person to flesh out the idea.

Speaking of Terrex recommendations, there is also this Butterfly Garden, although that must be something of interest only to me and perhaps a few other weirdos. :lol:

No, I haven't beed there, sadly. Next Ringmeet I attend, I surely will. :D

HOLY CRAP COCO IS COMING

BRING ALL YOUR PARSH

(I need something to drive on the 'Ring now. Recommendations welcome, especially if you know of any $200 Trabis to just...buy hahahahahaha.)

ninjacoco;n3550165 said:
HOLY CRAP COCO IS COMING

BRING ALL YOUR PARSH

(I need something to drive on the 'Ring now. Recommendations welcome, especially if you know of any $200 Trabis to just...buy hahahahahaha.)
Excellent! One more overseas ringmeet novice to initiate! :evil:

Just kidding, it's just a light caning (well, whatever you wanna call "light" :devil: ) and you have to stand for just half an hour in the pretty cold river next to the campsite... :whistle:

Coco? Fo shizzle?

COCK!!

BALLS!!!

Holy crap, it's even the weekend before Rallye Deutschland, a WRC round, the likes of which we don't get in 'Murica.

Can I just not go home? Send my Puffalumps and my cars.

I can tell this is going to be one of those epic years again. :D I didn't realise it was that close to WRC weekend and I have a WRC calendar next to me, shows how much I look at it!

I need to book my train this weekend and once that's confirmed I'll get payment to Thomas sorted. :)

I'm up for a scenic drive to somewhere like the bunker, not particularly knowledgeable about German Cold War history but I find it all interesting none the less.