Ringmeet 2018, because we're not finnished with this.

Since it looks like I might get my car actually running for Ringmeet, I have some space to pick up people at FRA, MUC or NUR Airports. Driving up on Thursday, not sure if heading back to MUC on Sunday or further up north to parents.

Just to keep everyone updated: I just sent an e-mail, asking for a guided tour through the bunker in English on Friday the 10th of August for up to 15 persons.

MacGuffin;n3550923 said:
Just to keep everyone updated: I just sent an e-mail, asking for a guided tour through the bunker in English on Friday the 10th of August for up to 15 persons.

How long does the tour last? I'm conscious that it may be a bit chilly in there and there are three Brits signing up to participate.

TL:DR "Kooler, zree veeks!"

According to the website the tour lasts around 90 minutes, at least the one for pupils. For the other tours it isn't stated explicitly, but my guess is that they are about the same length.

How long does the tour last? I'm conscious that it may be a bit chilly in there and there are three Brits signing up to participate.

TL:DR "Kooler, zree veeks!"

Bring jackets, for crying out loud ?

I just got a reply to my e-mail. I’m going to make a reservation for Friday, 13:00 (1 p.m.). The price will be 145 Euros for up to 15 persons. The more people partake, the cheaper it’ll become for everyone.

I'm in, with the family (so 2 adults and 2 childrens).

Really pleased this is coming together. I thoroughly enjoyed our day out and lunch at the Lorelei rock a few years ago and I'm sure this will be equally good if not better.

Aand change of plans... I canceled our reservation at Weihs. I'll be coming alone and sleep in a tent. Car and duration of stay are unchanged.

gt1750;n3550996 said:
Aand change of plans... I canceled our reservation at Weihs. I'll be coming alone and sleep in a tent. Car and duration of stay are unchanged.

I will adjust the list accordingly when I get home.

gt1750;n3550996 said:

Good news you're still able to come. Sad that your charming family won't be joining us. I hope they are well and that nothing untoward has happened.

gt1750;n3550996 said:

Adjusted all lists accordingly.

MWF;n3551016 said:
Good news you're still able to come. Sad that your charming family won't be joining us. I hope they are well and that nothing untoward has happened.

Nothing happened, just my wife's decision not to go in order to save money (and probably nerves, too). A weekend like that would easily cost us 700 Euro of which 400 can be saved if they don't go. The girls are also still too young and one of us would always have to be with them, especially later in the evening at the hotel.

Long story short, in order to make the Ringmeet worth it for all of us, we might need to pull an Adu and stay at the campsite for at least a week. And that's not happening this year, maybe the next one.

Glad to know you're all OK. Can understand the logic - going away anywhere with young kids is always nerve-wracking, never mind the additional expense.

I now got confirmation of the bunker tour reservation. Friday the 10th, 1 p.m. (13:00).

Payment has to be made on site, so I suggest anyone to bring enough cash, as it will be one sum.

Just for the record: Cancelling within 48 hours before the tour would cost 40 Euros.

Awesome! Thanks for setting it up. Looking forward to it.

What he said. Thanks again, Mac.

I'm comfirming my attendance at camp, my car, THU-SUN.
47 is coming with me, thats 100%.
Two more peoplez are possible to come, but they will know that very late (47's Maja and one of my friends).

I'll be there Sat-Sun + car & tent