Main Site Moved

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
http://www.finalgear.com/news/2006/10/07/site-has-moved/ (may or may not work yet depending on your DNS)

If you're reading this on the site, then you're looking at the site on the new (temporary) box. This box is currently only hosting the main site, but in a couple weeks, we'll have an even more powerful box that will host both the site and the forums.

Report any problems on the forums please. :)
<3 Quiky

I had some pages not loading 5 minutes ago (Forum threads...), worked after a couple of F5s...

Buba said:
I had some pages not loading 5 minutes ago (Forum threads...), worked after a couple of F5s...
Forum is on a separate box (the old one) at the moment. ;)

Technically, this will be a 4-server setup(2 Primary co-located in San Francisco, 2 Secondary in Los Angeles).

Webserver; Pentium 4 2.8ghz, 2GB Ram, 2x 160GB in RAID 1 (Speed+Redundancy)
Database; Dual Xeon 3ghz, 4GB ram, 2x 320GB in RAID1 (Speed+Redundancy)

Then there is a static image/file server(forum images, main site images, etc content) which saves a lot of bandwidth on the main servers, and the shared database server for the image gallery and misc sites.

The forum move will take place this upcoming weekend provided everything goes well.

More details as they come... :)

^_^ <3

A lot.

The database server with 2GB of ram cost around $2200 last year, and the ram upgrade(from 4x 512MB DDR2ECC to 4x 1GB DDR2ECC 2R) was about $900.

The webserver as configured was around $800.

I'm resolving www to the forums address currently, still. What's the new IP address?

Forums and WWW should resolve to 64.127.99.65.

Sorry for no advance warning, but we took the database server down for the ram upgrade.. now running happily with 4GB.

That's the IP address I got.

Okay, so why am I getting this:
The site you are trying to access is currently not available
Please try again later...

We apologize for the inconvinience.

I was in the process of upgrading the the gallery script, but the load was through the roof, so it was taking forever. I gave up due to that.

I'll try again shortly.

STrRedWolf said:
That's the IP address I got.

Okay, so why am I getting this:
The site you are trying to access is currently not available
Please try again later...

We apologize for the inconvinience.

Try accessing the site with www.finalgear.com rather than finalgear.com

Same problem. Double-checking via a SSH Socks proxy...

...okay, Verizon's getting a call.

And it's me again... but switching to the SSH proxy shocked things on the un-proxied side to flush it out. I'm good now.

yay, new forums - same old members *looks for smile-icon*

haz

Okay, I got the whole thing settled down. Viper, were you given a new IPv6 address to plug into the DNS, or was that the same? It looks like my troubles are IPv6 related, so I've disabled it on my machine at this time.