Chat Room [IRC Channel]

The new IRC servers are up!!
irc.finalgear.com is the primary address, but it might point to P44 for a few days until the dns switches over completely.

But for now, use the following addresses:
stig.irc.finalgear.com
ports:
  • SSL: 7001

leafsprings.irc.finalgear.com
ports
  • SSL: 7001

I'm guessing stig is european and leafsprings is US based, but neither work. only the old url does and that still points to the old network.

I'm guessing stig is european and leafsprings is US based, but neither work. only the old url does and that still points to the old network.
Then your DNS hasn't updated. Give it time and use stig.lagnetworks.nl meanwhile.

I was banned from IRC (User has been permanently banned from FinalGear (no reason)). And have only had been on it twice in which time I did no wrongs on the channel.

Stig.irc.finalgear.com is undergoing some downtime at the moment, because the server is being moved to another datacenter. The new datacenter is run by people with more clue than the people at the previous datacenter, who had about as much clue as a teacup. The appointment to place it there is for 14:00 CET and i expect everything to be up and running between 15:00 CET and 16:00 CET. We anticipated the downtime by moving the DNS for irc.finalgear.com to leafsprings, so people who connect to irc.finalgear.com should have no difficulty reaching irc. The downtime of stig also impacts services, as they are linked via stig, so vhosts and auto-ops are temporarily disabled.

I will keep you guys posted on the progress, i am not present at the move myself, because i couldn't get the day off from work. But it's handled by 2 of my friend with whom i co-own the server and they are more than capable of making sure everything gets back into running order as soon as possible.

<3

Services are up and linked to leafsprings for now..

Okay, the move is over, everything went real smooth as far as i can see. Box is up and running again and DNS entries have been updated. Because of caching etc, it can take up to 24 hours for your DNS to update.

Is IRC ok?

[2:39pm] * Unable to connect to server (Connection attempt timed out)
[2:39pm] * Connect retry #52 irc.finalgear.com (6667) (dns pool)

It doesn't appear so :(

IRC had a psdf overload.

Can't get on :(

leafsprings.irc.finalgear.com :

[23:43] * Connect retry #49 84.16.242.184 (6667)
-
[23:43] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

stig.irc.finalgear.com:

[23:44] * Connect retry #1 89.18.168.15 (6667)
-
[23:45] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

Adunaphel's box went down it seems... working on an alternative. Hang on y'all.