Chat Room [IRC Channel]

adunaphel@banshee ~% uname -a
FreeBSD banshee.adunaphel.nl 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #4: Mon Aug 11 09:28:57 CEST 2008 root@apparition.adunaphel.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

RONG! :p

It's actually pretty common to run IRCd's on BSD, because they tend to be the targets of DoS and other attacks, and there is a belief that BSD is better at handling these things than Linux. Personally, I just think it's important to have variety, so that if one has a vulnerability, the whole network doesn't go down.

The other channels are fine, but there's no need for #gear.usa as that's #gear itself. The other channels are "needed" due to #gear being English-only.

But they're talking too much american in gear :(

If they mention the beta zeta platform thing from GM one more time...

The other channels are fine, but there's no need for #gear.usa as that's #gear itself. The other channels are "needed" due to #gear being English-only.

WHAT? Mother*"&%?$ European memembers made the chan what it is today while the US took a backseat lurking. Show some respect to your members! :p

Oh, more booze there! /me wanders off.

Last edited:
WHAT? Mother*"&%?$ European memembers made the chan what it is today while the US took a backseat lurking. Show some respect to your members! :p

Oh, more booze there! /me wanders off.

Why don't you play Worms drunk (or at all) anymore? :(

Last edited:
Great Kipp, look what you did.
We went from talking about new GM cars which is half way bad but now we got PunisherBass and new n00b talking about boat Buicks. Its like a love match made in heaven.... and it makes me sick

I never did get to join in on the worms fun.

12:54 * Disconnected
12:54 * Connect retry #1 irc.finalgear.com (6667)
12:54 * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
12:54 * Connect retry #2 irc.finalgear.com (6667) (dns pool)
12:54 * Connect retry #3 irc.finalgear.com (6667)
12:54 * Connect retry #4 irc.finalgear.com (6667) (dns pool)
12:55 * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
12:55 * Connect retry #5 irc.finalgear.com (6667)
12:55 * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
12:55 * Connect retry #6 irc.finalgear.com (6667) (dns pool)
12:55 * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
12:55 * Connect retry #7 irc.finalgear.com (6667)

Anybody else having some problems now?

No, I reconnected right away. Try connecting to vtec.irc.finalgear.com directly.