X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viper007Bond
    started a topic Chat Room [IRC Channel]

Chat Room [IRC Channel]

Alright, if any of you wanna hang out and talk, we have a channel on our IRC network, #gear.

irc://irc.finalgear.com/Gear

If you don't have mIRC or anything like that, click on the following link:

http://www.finalgear.com/chat/
    Last edited by PacketCollision; March 13th, 2018, 6:07 AM.

• PacketCollision
    replied
    I removed it from the network for now.

Leave a comment:

• Galantti
    replied
    yeah, Zandvoort isn't connected to the rest of the network.

plz fix D:

Leave a comment:

• Zeeall
    replied
    *cough* There has been a netsplit for the past couple of days...

Leave a comment:

• gaasc
    replied
    Amazing! Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• PacketCollision
    replied
    I finished adding two additional servers.

irwindale.irc.finalgear.com is in CA, USA
    dracon.irc.finalgear.com is in BG
    zandvoort.irc.finalgear.com is the old server in NL

irc.finalgear.com is now a global geo-targeted address. Folks in the US should be sent to the US server, and folks in Europe should be sent to the NL server. The BG server is acting as the hub and services host and is not currently in auto-rotation, but that may change. Feel free to connect directly to any of them, but the main irc.finalgear.com address uses health checking to make sure to only include servers that are currently working.

I'll continue to improve things when possible. Let me know if you have trouble.

Enjoy the improved network!

Leave a comment:

• PacketCollision
    replied
    The server is back, and things are working. I'll get some additional servers up for redundancy this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• PacketCollision
    replied
    The server host is down right now. This host has been super unreliable, but I haven't had a chance to move it or add a second server yet. Sorry about that. When it's back up I'll work on making things more robust.

Here's the email they sent:
    Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that service in Netherlands is down because the upstream started migrating equipment without sufficient notice earlier today.

We contacted them and they said that it was announced, which is true, however their timeline was vague and there was no confirmed date to relay to customers.

This was seriously poor judgement on the part of our upstream and we regret the inconvenience caused. We are working tirelessly to restore service to all affected customers.

Our upstream in NL have let us down on multiple occasions and are degrading the standard of service we aim to achieve on a daily basis. As a result, we may be left with no option but to close the NL location and migrate customers away.

We will let you know once we get an update on the status of servers in the new facility.

Once again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Viper007Bond
    replied
    Should be fixed in ~30 minutes. I fixed the DNS issue.

Leave a comment:

• Viper007Bond
    replied
    I changed some DNS stuff and I must have screwed something up. I'll investigate.

Leave a comment:

• ninjacoco
    replied
    RIP my half-ops (hops!) status.

Leave a comment:

• Zeeall
    replied
    Again?

Leave a comment:

• PacketCollision
    replied
    Sorry. I didn't notice it hadn't restarted after a server issue. It's working now, and hopefully I've fixed the autostart scripts.

Leave a comment:

• Zeeall
    replied
    Originally posted by Misrabelle View Post

So, it's not really a priority. It's been pretty much dead for at least the last 12 months. The forums are the bigger issue, and Viper's health is far and away more important than any of it.
    I would think PC will get to it eventually, but realistically, it might be time to pull the plug on IRC for good.
    :/ It has been a fun 10 years.

Off to the next online chat then.

Got any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Misrabelle
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeeall View Post
    So...?
    So, it's not really a priority. It's been pretty much dead for at least the last 12 months. The forums are the bigger issue, and Viper's health is far and away more important than any of it.
    I would think PC will get to it eventually, but realistically, it might be time to pull the plug on IRC for good.

Leave a comment:

• Zeeall
    replied
    So...?

Leave a comment:

• Zeeall
    replied
    Oh great, its just not me then!

Leave a comment:

• Misrabelle
    replied
    Originally posted by MXM View Post
    Been dead for a few days now.
    Been dead longer than that but now it's just not working

Leave a comment:

• MXM
    replied
    Been dead for a few days now.

Leave a comment:

• PacketCollision
    replied
    Originally posted by DanRoM View Post
    The IRC server has an expired certificate. Please fix.
    It took more than a year, but the certificate is fixed now. Also, I've updated the IRCd and changed servers, so let me know if anything goes wrong. The best place is IRC, since I almost never check the forums, but I'll try to pop back in here to see if anyone mentions stuff going boom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X