New Site Logo/Design

Is he really 10 - I feel a little uncomfortable speaking freely in front of an impressionable 10 year old :unsure:

:lol:

he's funny, a 10 year old boy acting like that... eek, he must watch too may rap videos on MTV or something, where is the youth going.. *sigh*

uh that would be even more lame.

anyway let's get back on topic, I don't wanna have to clean/split this up

Renesis said:
Viper007Bond said:
We're going with something like this:
Viggen said:
boardsmockup.gif
So get your comments in on that before we finalize it.

I haven't decided if the main site's content boxes will be brushed metal like the forum or white or what yet though, so let's bounce ideas.

I say lose the "moving" effet in the logo, it's really ugly, and 2ndly, I prefer the Ferrari-like one, it's more car enthusiat-related.

THe carbon fiber is too big, scaling it down would make it look better, the orange text has to become red, other than that it's perfect, I do like the "forum" under the logo, community could be removed though.

I dig the "shifting action" of the logo, but whatever you guys want.

The carbon fiber banner, it's just a mock-up and of course going to be scaled down on regular monitor viewing. Just enlarged to show texture.

Oh, I thought it was plain black! I couldn't even see it. :?

Hmm.. Must be your monitor settings. It didn't even show-up right when I was using my cousin's computer.

I have my brightness down as I have a Ultrabrite button that I can use to turn it up when I need to for games.

Much easier on the eyes for reading text if you run 1/2 power or so brightness.

good idea but stupid at the same time since a F and a G don't look like a gearshift pattern.

I don't change my view, the Ferrari-ish is the way to go 8)

Renesis said:
stupid at the same time since a F and a G don't look like a gearshift pattern.
So what, it's not like people are going to get confused or anything, they'll get the idea.
If not we'll know what kind of person we're dealing with, and then we'll just have to use this -> :stupid: .

that's not the point, it's just not that good looking, it's a good idea but meh.

Viggen - can you chop up this

boardsmockup.gif

in a little bigger res with that font and then again with the Ferrari font? I'd like to compare the 2 and which one looks best.

Viper007Bond said:
Viggen - can you chop up this

boardsmockup.gif

in a little bigger res with that font and then again with the Ferrari font? I'd like to compare the 2 and which one looks best.

How bout to create various banners with a lot of cars to change every time you go into a forum. I have the little suspition that we're goet bored of the Porsche Carrera GT before we can even realize