Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uTorrent RSS Feed Guide

download it now.)

1. Click on the "Add RSS Icon" icon in your toolbar.

2. For the Feed URL, enter this: http://www.finalgear.com/feed/torrents/sd/

To make your life easier, tick the "Custom Alias" box and enter "FinalGear".

Under "Subscription", select "Automatically download items published in feed" so that all new items in the feed automatically download. You can leave the "Use smart episode filter" unchecked as it doesn't apply here (it controls if old episodes download or not, but I don't add those to the feed).

If you wish to download only certain shows (for example, Top Gear only), then under "Subscription" leave that as not automatically download. Then click on the feed on the left side, right-click the show you want to automatically download, and click "Add to Favorites".

If you need to get to the "RSS Downloader" screen, right-click "All Feeds" in the left pane there and select the RSS Downloader.

1. Click on the RSS Downloader icon in your toolbar.

2. Click on the "Add" button to add the feed.

3. Enter the following into the box:

Code:
      FinalGear|http://www.finalgear.com/feed/torrents/sd/

4. Click the "Favorites" tab and then the "Add" button to add a new filter.

5. Pick a label for the filter ("FinalGear" will do, but it doesn't matter) and then fill in the "Filter Settings".

Putting * in the "Filter" field will make all new items download (i.e. if you want all shows we release). If you only want Top Gear, then enter "Top Gear" into this box.

For feed, pick the "FinalGear" feed so that you don't accidentally download all items from other feeds or whatnot.

"Give download highest priority" will add the torrent to the top of your queue.

The label field is just for automatically giving the torrent a label so you can more easily sort your torrents.

6. Click the "Releases" tab, pick "FinalGear" from the dropdown if it's not already selected, and then click the "Update Now" button to refresh your feeds.

7. That should make all episodes in the feed start downloading. You probably already have all of those so you'll need to stop and delete them from your client (select them all -> right-click -> remove and -> delete .torrent + data). The next time a new release comes out, your client will automatically start downloading that new torrent.

8. Sit back and relax!

Questions? Post here!
    Last edited by Viper007Bond; July 25th, 2011, 9:41 PM.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Thanks a lot man! I didn't know I could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by matatarski View Post
      Thanks a lot man! I didn't know I could do that.
      No problem.
      My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
      - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
      ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Wow, really helpful, now I don't have to do it manually!
        Thanks.
        "How do you know when you're dashboard is having its... Period?"
        -James May

"Sounds dangerous... "
        -Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Wow i had no idea what that RSS thing did. Thanks ! i'll be needing this from now on.

Comment

Thank you for this guide! I didnt even know it exsisted!

Comment

Thanks, maybe it works now.

Is it possible to set the computer to shut down after download?

Comment

Originally posted by h-p View Post
                Is it possible to set the computer to shut down after download?
                No, at least not with uTorrent.

Comment

Shut.... down... computer... ?

Anyway, thanks! Now the episode will download while we're at the meet!

Final Gear around the world care package
                  discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                    Yeah, it took me a second to figure out what he was talking about too.

Anyway, thanks! Now the episode will download while we're at the meet!

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                      No, at least not with uTorrent.
                      he might've been talking about:

oh and thanks for the awesome guide, it'll really help

Comment

Heh, I didn't even know that was there (I never turn off my PC).

Comment

THAT is awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Ok, Problem.

I don't get the same RSS Downloader as shown above. Here is a screenshot of what i get. I have the lastest build of uTorrent.

What am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeyaussie View Post
                              I have the lastest build of uTorrent.
                              I wrote my guide using uTorrent 1.7.x. You're using 1.8.x which isn't fully out yet. It's still in RC stage.

But any, it's still simple enough. You need to add the feed elsewhere (I assume on the left there under "All Feeds" and then follow my instructions. Untick "Smart ep filter" though.

Comment

^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                                  I wrote my guide using uTorrent 1.7.x. You're using 1.8.x which isn't fully out yet. It's still in RC stage.

But any, it's still simple enough. You need to add the feed elsewhere (I assume on the left there under "All Feeds" and then follow my instructions. Untick "Smart ep filter" though.

Thanks for the reply, i did manage to add the RSS feed. Not sure how to use the filters yet though..

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeyaussie View Post
                                    Not sure how to use the filters yet though..
                                    Follow my guide (steps 4 and 5). The filter screen looks the same.

Add a new filter, pick a name of it (doesn't matter), and fill it out to look like my screenshot.

Comment

Alternate filter

This is another way of doing the filter, it works like a charm and at the moment I only get the new episodes of Top Gear in DivX. There is a similar filter for Fifth Gear ready and waiting.

Good luck
                                      /cras

Comment

Originally posted by cras View Post
                                        This is another way of doing the filter, it works like a charm and at the moment I only get the new episodes of Top Gear in DivX. There is a similar filter for Fifth Gear ready and waiting.
                                        Well we only release Top Gear in one format, so no problem there.

Comment

Working...
                                        X