GT4 controller & how far have you gotten

Droopy McCool

Specifically on the driving missions and drivers licences. I'm using a standard PS2 cordless controller.
I have gotten far enough for the delorian but not jay's tank car. i think the specific race is the 3-lap battle new york with the ?old miatas? i think.

On the drivers licences i have bronzes in all except Super licence (i'm working on it now)

So how far have you gotten and with what type of controller?

DS2 (But would LOVE to have the DFP). @ 86.1 %. All licenses with no bronze now. Done all races in beginner and professional hall, and 3 championships in extreme hall (work in progress). All constructor races, all Japan, Europe etc. races and all rallyes except the snow ones (going to do them soon), no endurence races so far. Ohh, and all driving missions of course.

DS2, all gold in all racing licences tests. That's about as far as I can rember. I know I have an F1 style car, and I have an SLR, so I am doing quite well for myself :).

DS2. All missions, tests & contructor races completed, only have the F1 championship & Endurance races left (minus the 'ring 24hr - done that already). Mind you I haven't played it for a while - itching to get back into it though.

wow i thought i was good at video games, (not super but damn) I gave up on the missions, and didn't even want to try the golds with out a stearing wheel. So is there anyone out there that was using a ds2 and switched to steering wheel? is the game easier or the same? maybe i just don't have mad ds2 skills

:woot: Finally, 100% completion - bit disappointed with the prize car though :(

Also cracked a 6:58.365 on Special License test 16 (Merc 190 Evo race car at the 'ring) using my trusty old DS2 controller (well, I'm chuffed with the time anyway)

there is a huge learning curve if you're coming from the ds2 and switching to a wheel. i remember struggling about an hour with the wheel, just trying to keep the car in the road. the main challenge is when the force feedback pulls the wheel into one side, the natural newbie reaction would be to over counteract the opposite direction, which'd just send the car off the road.

learning curve is about an hour, you should then be able to match or even improve your ds2 laptimes.

fbc said:

Also cracked a 6:58.365 on Special License test 16 (Merc 190 Evo race car at the 'ring) using my trusty old DS2 controller (well, I'm chuffed with the time anyway)
what is the prize car?
im only a measly 50 something % done

bartboy9891 said:
fbc said:

what is the prize car?
im only a measly 50 something % done

Highlight below (in case people don't want to know...)

Formula Polyphony '04 (a black one in my case) - I already had one - it shouldn't be a car you can win elsewhere in the game.

Standard controller, currently reached 87.6% and it's getting harder and harder...(habe the most problems with the ice-races and even getting close to some of the silver medals in the license tests) fbc, how do you like the Ford Model T? I'm eagerly looking forward to drive it one day, but I fear that'll still take a lot of time :(

mautzel said:
fbc, how do you like the Ford Model T? I'm eagerly looking forward to drive it one day, but I fear that'll still take a lot of time :(

I don't have it - I haven't got all gold for the license tests (currently at 22 gold / 58 silver) - you can get 100% without getting all gold (my feeble memory seems to think this was a requirement in GT3 - could be wrong though)

Funny you mention the ice races - I was talking to a friend last night who was have huge trouble winning the snow & ice races.

Nope, you can get 100% in GT3 regardless of the licenses as well (know it because I completed it last year) - I should start practicing for the license tests for driving the Model T, then - really think that could be funny somehow.

All Gold for the Special license will give you the Model T. I drove the 1886 'Benz for the same reason - just for a laugh - let's just say it gave me plenty of time to pick my racing line...